Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I order the Bullitt Suspension Kit from Gene Evans Ford Racing, do I need any other parts to install it on my 91?

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
260 Posts
The kit comes with springs, upper rear spring insulators, struts and shocks. From what I understand the $399 GEF kit does not include the sway bars shown in the picture.

You can reinstall your old insulators onto the front and lower rear spring, or you can buy some Polyurethane version. Some even install without any insulators.

I did the bullitt springs with energy suspemsion poly insulators all around. I used the Tokico blus struts and shocks on mine though as opposed to the bullitt versions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I meant the Bullitt kit. Anybody know for sure if the swaybars do or do not come with the kit? If they're pictured and don't, I'm gonna be put out. If nobody knows for sure, I guess I'll give them a call.

Michael

·
Registered
346 Posts
i had a similar question in another thread, and one of the guys said the bullitt kit was springs, shocks, struts and sways

call them, find out

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Gef kit is Mach I parts. I went their route last year and upon inspection, it was all Mach stuff and was all returned. Whining about the sway bars is moot as the front one will not fit your car anyway. If you want the real Bullitt suspension parts, go with www.mustangparts.com. I quit buying from Gef in any capacity when I got a set of used '03 Cobra wheels that were advertised as new but were actually customer returns under the chrome wheel swap program.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
DSOStang said:
The Gef kit is Mach I parts. I went their route last year and upon inspection, it was all Mach stuff and was all returned. Whining about the sway bars is moot as the front one will not fit your car anyway. If you want the real Bullitt suspension parts, go with www.mustangparts.com.

Exactly. If you read their description carefully , it says
KIT INCLUDES INCREASED RATE MUSTANG SPRINGS, ANTI-ROLL BARS, SHOCKS AND STRUTS TUNED FOR USE WITH THIS PACKAGE. SPRING RATES: FRONT 600 LB AND REAR 250 LB. LOWERS 94-98 VEHICLES 1" AND 99-03 VEHICLES .75" SIMILAR TO THE BULLITT FACTORY SUSPENSION SETUP

Gotta watch out for that word "SIMILAR"......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DSOStang, I wasn't whining, I made a statement. I appreciate your info, but ease up on the attitude. I'll call GEF tomorrow and find out if the sway bars come with it, and post back here.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
mrstang01 said:
I'll call GEF tomorrow and find out if the sway bars come with it, and post back here.

The quote in my post is right from the GEF website............it says that the "anti-roll bars" are included in the kit. ;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
DSOStang said:
A quote from their web site is a guarantee of nothing.

Point taken. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts