Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been posted some time before, but read this anyway.

I am looking to use the Bullitt springs to lower my 89 hatch, I remember the fronts being 600# and the rear @ 250.

The m5300C also has 600# fronts, but ride hard in some people's opinion. I was wondering if any of you have used them, and could compare the ride quality to something like the factory Bullitt, the stock fox, or anything.

I plan on using Tokico 5 ways.

Thanks.

MG

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
2 things: First, many people complain about the C springs ride because they don't match them to struts the way the Bullitt springs are matched to the Bullitt struts. Second, the C springs may have the same or similar rate (I though the Bullitts were 700 vs the C's 650) but they're LOW. Too low IMHO.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying that the C's are too low?

I know that the Bullitts don't lower the car but about an inch, and look kind of like sagged factories or 4cyl springs in a v8 car.

The 5300 B lowers about 1.5".

I just know a lot of folks seem to complain about the C's for street use, but not the Bullitts, and I think they have the same rate in the front.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
They're similar rates but I'm almost positive they're not the same, and yes, IMHO, the C's are too low if you really want the car to handle. They put our strut-suspended cars into a range of travel that sucks for camber control, and it's debatable whether or not they're stiff enough to counteract the bigger propensity for body roll caused by the resulting sharply lowered roll center. They lower the car about as much as B's, so they look good, but not sure they work all that great compared to other ones out there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think the Bullitt springs lowered my 91 LX at all. They are about the same right height but stiffer.

There used to be a lot of post from me and other people on the Bullitt kits. See if the search feature turns up any results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts