Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock short block currently. I will be running a n-71 cam
I would like to up the compression to 10.0-10.5, im looking at the ross pistons, but i am confused to what connecting rods i should use i would like floating pins or would pressed in be better,
i will be spraying a 200 dry shot of NOS, i also plan on using stock crank

if anyone has any better suggestions on pistons or anything let me know thank you

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
Depends on the rod you have. You can get the stock rod bushed for a full floating pin. Why through good money at a mediocre rod? Stock rods, ARP hardware will outlast the block... The best choice is stick with as close to a flat-top piston as you can. The more dome you run the worse the flame front propgation is.

THe best way to UP the compression is to ensure the assembly is put together so the pistons extend from the bore about .005

Eliminate the dish, and if your going to use a power adder ensure you get a forged piston with a power adder designed top ring land. The top land will be thicker and less prone to detonation. Full floating will free up a little HP. Press fit pins add friction.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i talked to dss todaytheysaid to run flattop pistons and mill myheads how much would i mill me heads they are 62 cc heads

1 - 4 of 4 Posts