Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a DOHC Cobra motor from a 2001 Cobra in my GT. The car is an auto gettin built up with Jerry mods. Im lookin fo rthe car to go into low 12's (daily drive). thinkin of stayin all natural. Thinkin 4.30 gears, 3500 stall torque converter, P/P heads. lookin at cams. what else will I need to do to the engine?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would say L/T's h-pipe.. good cat-back, possibly a CAI and U/D's and you should be there if not hit 11's on a good launch... just depends on how you drive it, i mean you can have a blower and run 14's, it's pretty much in how you launch (i.e. 60ft. time) but i would say mid 12's for sure with the other mods you listed.. good luck

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Every bolt-on possible, and likely a higher stall.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how high of a stall????

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Probably higher than you're willing to go. Ask the guys running the auto's (Modcobra, Paul mata, etc.)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any other suggestions? plan on putin motor in car in a month

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Sorry, I should have elaborated earlier. If you're going to run the stock longblock untouched, then you'll need a higher stall--probably higher than you'd want in a daily driver. If you plan on tearing into the motor (ported heads, ported intake, cams) you might not need as high a stall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts