Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this 93 rag top and the whole reason I got it was because it has the white leather interior and it is in really good condition, all the interior is for that matter. But as I look under the car and seats and peel back the carpet, it has a major bug problem. I'm talking, 4 roaches and like 6 spiders and new spider eggs killed already and all I've done is remove one seat and peel the carpet by that seat up...I don't even want to know what's in the dash or under the back seat. Has anyone dealt with bugs like this in their car? I was thinking bug spray, like something you just let go and it fogs up, but I don't want to hurt/stain the interior. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
We don't have too much of a bug problem here. IMO, part of it is because of the heat. If I park the car out in the sun, windows up, the interior air temp gets up around 200 degrees in the hottest part of summer. I saw 204° last week actually. Not too many bugs can live in heat like that I guess.

I have successfully used Ortho Home Defense on the one truck, it was infested when I bought it-mostly spiders (widows and recluses). There is zero odor, and it flat works. It's not immediate but it does work well. I am super sensitive to odors and when I say there is no odor, I mean I can't smell it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
We don't have too much of a bug problem here. IMO, part of it is because of the heat. If I park the car out in the sun, windows up, the interior air temp gets up around 200 degrees in the hottest part of summer. I saw 204° last week actually. Not too many bugs can live in heat like that I guess.

I have successfully used Ortho Home Defense on the one truck, it was infested when I bought it-mostly spiders (widows and recluses). There is zero odor, and it flat works. It's not immediate but it does work well. I am super sensitive to odors and when I say there is no odor, I mean I can't smell it.
How do u get widows and recluses? I wouldn't even drive it. I hate bugs. I would honestly just sell the car. Jk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm assuming that's a spray? And so what did you do? Spray up under the dash and all throughout the carpet and in the trunk? Because I have no clue where they're hiding...

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I'm assuming that's a spray? And so what did you do? Spray up under the dash and all throughout the carpet and in the trunk? Because I have no clue where they're hiding...

Yes. I think it comes in a gallon jug only, comes with it's own battery powered sprayer. It's typically used around the house and can be found at Attwood's, TSC, farm supply stores, etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. I think it comes in a gallon jug only, comes with it's own battery powered sprayer. It's typically used around the house and can be found at Attwood's, TSC, farm supply stores, etc.
Does it leave a residue or stain the carpet or upholstery or plastic parts?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Roll up the windows and bug bomb it! That way at least all the critters are dead. Then detail the interior.

You can worry about finding them later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts