Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at tossing a 460 into a '91 Crown Vic. I'm very familiar with small block tech, but I'm a stranger to the big blocks.

I see that I can get many 70's 460 cars for less than $500. Is there one car that would be a better donor than another?

Ultimately, I will be using the car as a "fun" or show car. The point is for it to fry tires and go fast, so performance is part of the equation. Money is the most significant factor. I payed $250 for the car, I'd like to keep the engine swap and upgrades under $1250.

Thanks for your opinions!

--Ed

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up buying a rebuilt 460 from a guy in Dayton. We've got it into the car, and now we're working on incidentals and support equipment. (Driveshaft, trans mount, accessories, fuel system)

It's coming together, with no real serious modifications needed (yet).

--Ed

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Im interested in doing a similar swap into a 87 Crown, what mounts are you using? What about exhaust?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im building two bb vics right now, one a mild low compression daily driver and the other lets just say not so mild

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
stv

I need details, I can't seem to find any good info on this swap. What years are you swapping into, what is all involved? What transmisson are you going to use(or using). What fitment issues do you have? Which assesories are you using air,ps etc.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car has been done for a long time. There's a detailed write-up over at crownvic.net. It doesn't get driven very much these days. I've got a 4R70W to put in behind the 460. Been waiting on getting a garage built. That's finally done, so I expect the 4R will find it's way in before or during the summer.

--Ed

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I checked it out on crownvic.net pretty cool. been thinking about doing the same. big body big power.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic

It's a fun car to drive. Tons of torque, sounds bad ass. Looking forward to getting the 4R70W in it though so I don't have to listen to the engine at 3200 rpm on the highway though. :)

Here's a pic of how it looks today:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts