Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
When I was running an EGR that was always the case for me as well. I would coat the studs with anti seize to help them survive.

Well with a great set of new head gaskets I can’t believe you won’t be fine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here's hoping. I was able to sell some of my old parts to help fund the machining costs. Block goes in for a checkover on Monday. Talked to Ed Curtis about a cam, but I may have to hold off on that for a bit...pending what the shop charges me for machine work. Pretty parts go for powdercoating on Monday, and tranny has been dropped off for a checkup.
I may try to look for a used E cam if I can't swing one of Ed's cams this time around. Gotta make a list of gaskets to order.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I totally understand. Been there with situation like that too. Eventually it all comes together. Sometimes after a few more cubic inches of Benjamin’s of course....

Reminds me of when I went thru three crankshafts in 5 months.....
Grrr

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is strange but i have this same issue on my 94 i have air in my coolant every time i drive my car. I can see bubbles in my overflow 1-2 bubbles every few seconds. This eventualy makes it where when the car cools down it just sucks air back in from the over flow tube and never gets coolant. luckly it isnt bad enough to cause any over heating. I have tried the headgasket tester and nothing.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts