Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone could find the time to take a look at the BTM knob wiring at the box it would be greatly appreciated.

I have an almost new MSD/Vortech BTM and I needed a replacement knob. MSD came through BIG TIME and sent me a brand new black replacement knob for it, but at the end of the wiring there is no plastic connector.. just the two wires ending with the male terminals. Wire colors are green and purple.

Coming out of the box itself the wires are black and gray, connected to the 'correct' connector.

Since I have to lengthen the knob wires anyway for it to reach into the interior, I will be using a 2pole trailer connector. It is secure and pretty tough. But I'm not certain which wire goes to which?

Is it gray/green and black/purple?

or black/green and gray/purple?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adam

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ian.. I didnt think MSD would like that as a wiring diagram since its not a connector to the car.. but lookin at their site they do show the connector.. and they state:

"Make sure the harness
reaches the connector on the BTM before mounting the control knob. Install the supplied 2-pin Weather-tight connector (Figure 2) on the harness and connect it to the Grey/Black wire on the BTM. The order of the wires inside the connector is not important."

Looking at the Vortech manual it also says that "the wiring to the boost control knob can be matched to either of the corresponding wires in the boost retard"

So I guess it should not matter.

Ok., well thanks.. maybe this will help people later on.. if they do a search :)

Adam

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks mississippi!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts