Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know about the quality of the PPI inc 13" brake kits?, are they brand new or used..............should i trust their integrity?

95 GT

·
Registered
321 Posts
They are brand new with all parts needed. I bought the kit not too long ago and it came with everything, including the brake pads.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've bought no less than 6 of these kits over the past 5 or 6 months to install on club member's cars. They come complete and are all new Ford parts. As for their integrity, do a search. They are top notch.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I may be interested. Let me know if anything gets going.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got the 400$ PPI brake upgrade and I am happy with mine. I posted pic above. I also included the original brakes for comparison.

·
Registered
17 Posts
:confused: I am also in the market for a brake upgrade. I am wondering to anyone that has done this if there were any problems getting the new PBR calipers to fit? Also, are there any differences to speak of between the Bullitt and Cobra calipers offered by PPI? Finally, would I be correct in assuming that this $400.00 would be a better investment than simply buying power slot rotors, SS lines, and hawk pads for the stock front rotors (they are almost new...). Thanks...

-Jason

·
Registered
396 Posts
Cha-ching! I heard the magic words, GP! Count me in if someone sets that up. I just bought my '95, and one thing I miss a lot from the Cobra are the nice big brakes (that and the extra 100 hp :eek: ). They stop really well, and on top of that these GT brakes look downright tiny inside of 18" wheels...

Dave

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Blk95JuicedGT said:
:confused: I am also in the market for a brake upgrade. I am wondering to anyone that has done this if there were any problems getting the new PBR calipers to fit? Also, are there any differences to speak of between the Bullitt and Cobra calipers offered by PPI? Finally, would I be correct in assuming that this $400.00 would be a better investment than simply buying power slot rotors, SS lines, and hawk pads for the stock front rotors (they are almost new...). Thanks...

-Jason
You think the power slut rotors will give you better braking? They wont.

The leverage alone from the 13" brake system will out brake a GT system any day of the week. The cobras come with that setup stock.

The bullitt and cobra calipers are different colors with different logos. SS lines even with the 13" brake system is a good idea.

For PPI, they are a top notch supplier. You don't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm currious if this kit comes with a new master cylinder or not? I know that some kits such as Baer come with a new MC and I would like to know if it is necesary?

Another thought--- is there any way that I would be able to put my front brakes on the rear of my car? Thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I couldn't wait for a GP so I ordered mine from PPI yesterday. Should be here in 4 to 5 business days. My stock rotors are warped so what better excuse to upgrade to the Cobra ones. Can't wait and don't forget you'll need 17" wheels to accomodate the larger rotors.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Blk95JuicedGT said:

-Jason
The install is a cake walk. The hardest part is the brake lines / bleeding (and that's easy!)

Two bolts for each of the calipers and take the lines off. Slide the rotors off the hubs, put shiney new 13" rotors on, put new calipers on, tighten them same two bolts, install the new brake lines. Bleed the brakes and you're a happy camper.

$399 is a good deal for that kit, I doubt they'll be able to do much more price-wise.

Like Matt said, there is no comparison to this setup and stock with SS lines / powerslot rotors.

Shawn

·
Registered
147 Posts
does anyone have a website for that PPI brake kit?

thanks

MV

·
Founder of corral.net
1,555 Posts
Don't forget to read our SN95 Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1 Brake conversion article. at: http://www.corral.net/Tech/suspension/CobraBrakes

If you've got a Fox-3 car you can convert to SN95 spindles and then do the same install.

PPI is TOP notch, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
740 Posts
SN-95 spindle or 96+ spindles? I know the 96+ units have greater ackerman steering, but might prove a problem with the stock 87-93 arms......anyone know? If I had to change the arms, then I would opt for the 87/88 TC units, but since that increase the length, I might have a problem clearing my rim/tire combo. (old school 5 star Borbets with 235/40 17's).

-eRIC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts