Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally found the time to start changing my brakes over on my 89 to the Cobra front and rear disc since I already did the five lug conversion last June. The fronts are done and the rears would be done but I needed to compress my rear brake's pistons and I didn't have the special tool so I called it quits for today. I've got the double flare brake flaring tool but I practiced and practiced a while back on some 1/4" brake line and about 1 out of 5 times seemed to be a perfect flare and the other 4 just sucked. I was wondering if anyone knew about how much the Factory Ford hard lines cost for the rear that is included in the M2300K kit. I'm still going to try to flare the lines that are on there now but I don't have much faith in a leak free fit judging by my practice attempts. Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea how much the left and right rear hardlines that come with the kit cost or if I can even buy those lines seperate from the kit. I don't know how perfect the flaring needs to be on the brake lines but I am on my 3rd double flare brake flaring tool since I thought the first 2 sucked but realized all 3 tools were the same so it must either be the user or the task at hand. If the flares don't have to be exactly perfect to have a leak free fit then I might not be so nervous when flaring them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
do you also have the correct center hose and dist block? the SNs use 1/4 tube, while the foxes use 3/16s... Im just using my existing 3/16 fox3 hard lines, a buddy of mine cut and double flare the ends for me.. HOPEFULLY the damn 95GT brake hoses will be in on Wednesday and I have 1/4 to 3/16 adapters to go to them from the stock hard lines..

other than that my car is on all fours ready to be bled (once I get those damn hoses that nobody around here seems to be able to get!)

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.