Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me some opinions on what I should do first. The problem isnt on my mustang, its on my 98 windstar. The brakes arent working well at all. Ive replaced the front rotors, and pads. I went to replace the rears and they were fine. It doesnt stop like it should. The fluid looked pretty nasty, so i just flushed the entire system at all 4 corners tonight. Fluid is all new, and I am 100% sure that there is no air in the lines. I can literally force the pedal to the floor and it doesnt grab very hard (like it should). Does this sound like a bad rubber line or a bad master cylinder. the M/C looks like its gonna be a MPITA to change out. It actually seemed to be worse after I flushed the fluid. It doesnt pull to one side like a caliper hanging up. If you push the pedal in, it doesnt bleed down at all, so Im hoping its not the M/C. Has anyone heard of any recalls or problems like this. You can be at a 25mph roll and slam the brakes and it wont even come close to locking up the tires and triggering the ABS. Thanks for any help, and sorry its not mustang related, but I figured someone on here would have some advice on this.
Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts