Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 GT
03 / 04 Cobra Bumper

I am have a new Cobra bumper for my GT. I have new (to me) cooling adapters and brand new hose. Does anyone have pictures that they can share of how they routed their hose? I can do my own trial and error or do it right the first time from someone that as it sorted out already.

Edit: So I started to mock this up today. Kind of stinks. I think my tires will rub the ducting the way I have it now. Also, I am using Allstar Performance AAF-ALL42151 duct hose. Man, this stuff is super stiff. Horrible to route and not flexible. Any recommendations for another brand?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mine are zip tied to the sway bar and then go to the nose.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I hoped that I would get this right the first time but no such luck. I routed this the way I thought would be cleanest. I am hitting the tire at full lock. With the hose pulled down and as far back toward the engine (below the sway bar) I can clear the tire but still hitting the rim at full lock. The ducts are Lambert Automotive Performance P/N 04810ST. I dont think you can even get these anymore. Rims are 17x9. The only way I think I can get the clearance to the rim is either go up to 18's or use spacers. Also, I now have the hose cut too short, a little extra lenght would help now. This Allstar hose isn't very forgiving and I will have to pull the bumper off again to refit if I get new hose. Any suggestion on something other than the Allstar? Once I get this sorted, I will post pics for posterity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts