Ford Mustang Forums banner

Brake Conversion Problems

422 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  stangPlus2Birds 
#1 ·
Everything is done now but of course the problems have already started to arise.... the rear brakes leak pretty bad to where there is a spot left under the car in the morning and definitley big enough to not pass inspection. i took them apart the hard lines and the rubber line from the caliper to the hardlines and it looks as though the accepting end in the rubber hose the little block is damaged a bit it is a flared fitting line teh ahrd line is flared out and the brass block is the accepting end. on both sides but i really do not believe that this could be causing my problem?? .. i have thought about using some teflon tape or pipe dope but i did not think that was at all nessecary? and there are also these stupid brakcets on the rubber hose lines coming from the calipers and i have absolutley no idea where to attach these!?! here is a URL to some pictures of the bracket and my car. hit expand all to see all the pitures and the ones of the mysterious ghost bracket are located in the aftermath section. http://www.superford.org/?vID=1059
thanks for any help on that bracket or on the leaking brake lines! let me know

#2 ·

The soft lines that bridge between the caliper and axle are supplied with a bracket assembly which requires you to drill two holes in each LCA mount above the shock mounting point. One hole is for the #40 torx chassis mount bolt and the other is for a metal locating tang on the bracket. I found it necessary to remove the shock at the lower mount. I took pressure off the shock by placing a jack under the pumpkin and raising it a little. Then I compressed the shock by hand and zip tied it up out of the way. I could then get my drill in a good position. Next, I merely laid the bracket in the desired location and marked my drill points.

#4 ·
YOU NEVER USE SEALER/TAPE ON ANYTHING IN THE BRAKE SYSTEM - NEVER NEVER NEVER. (Well, as far as you are concerned. :))

o Take pictures (even the cheapo Polaroids) and indicate what you are talking about.

o Did you use a brass washer between the bolt and the rubber caliper connection block?

o Also, use paragraphs. Use proper syntax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.