Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in another thread that you shouldn't use Aeroquip AQP lines for fuel?? The post said that they will eventually leak gas...

I just ordered a ton of Aeroquip fittings for the fuel lines on my daily driver. Was this the wrong choice? The guy at the store said that they would work, that that's what everybody uses.

Insight? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
they will work fine. the only way you will have problems is if you put them together incorrectly. And that would take talent.

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
Depends on theline type you orderd, but....

If its the regular stuff, in about 5 years time they will get a little porus. They will not LEAK but you will notice a fuel smell. If you got the teflon lined stuff that window is out to about 10 years. The teflon stuff is harder to work with, and doesnt like to bend very sharp.

Some where between 5 and 8 years on regular stuff you will have to replace it. Tech guys will keep looking for leaks, and you wont like the fuel aroma around your car.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, basically, I will need to replace the line portion only, every 5 years or so, but the fittings are reusable, so the cost is relatively minor.

Thanks for making me feel better.

Ryan

·
Registered
201 Posts
i just went through this today. i returned my rubber braided ss fuel lines for teflon braided ss lines, even though the kind folks at baker precision said that the rubber lines will last 10 years and can easily handle several times the max fuel pressure a supercharged engine will see. nevertheless, i wanted to install the fuel system and be done with it, and didn't want to worry about gas smell or replacing the lines several years down the road.

so they gave me credit for the cut rubber lines, gave me teflon lines instead, and swapped all my hose ends for the teflon ones. cool guys at baker precision in long beach, ca.

drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts