Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 98 stang and just bought anouther 98 stang yesterday night. the car i bought has 120,xxx miles on it but never wrecked and it's very nice the interior is perfect leather and no chips or bangs at all. now i'm going to do a engine swap and want to stay with the 2v. i know i know why dont i just drop the 4v in but i'm going a different route this time i'm going to try and go turbo and not N2o like the other 98 is.

i have a few questions:

- can i put a 00'+ 2v in the 98?

- what all do i have to change?

- do i have to change the computer?

- will my accesories swap over to the new motor?

- will a 98 prochamber fit on a 00'+ GT?

- what all is known about swapping the motors that is needed?

- do anyone of you all know a good turbo company.. no not TDC!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DANG NO ONE TO HELP OUT HERE??????

TTT:evil:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Engine swap is an direct replacement. Your computer will work with the setup. Just make sure that you switch over your Fuel rails to the new intake. All your asscerioes will bolt on too. Other than that. The only thing you will need to do, is figure how you want to connect your other Water Temp Sensor. I have a kit for it. Other than those things its an direct swap. Let me know if you need anything, and feel free to pm me anytime if you need any help or anything. Your 98 Prochamber will not fit. Unless you reuse the 98's Manifolds. Hope that helped out a little.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks you have a pm..

i would have called you at work but i dont know your name so i just sent you a pm

now anyone else for more advice but i think i'll take the above anyother is and will be greatly taken

·
Registered
292 Posts
why are you swapping out the motor? You should drop a forged short block in there with the new PI heads and intake and as for a turbo there are two companies i know of with kits, total performance makes a good single turbo kit and Innovative turbo is making a twin setup do out within a couple of weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts