Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the big diffrence? Does anyone have pictures of a boss wing on the back of a 94-98?

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'd love to see some pics as well. I've been seriously considering both the Boss Shinoda and Saleen S281 wing... close designs, but not sure which I prefer.

Any pics anyone????

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone ... chime in.. the boss wing pictures seem not to exist

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
im about to buy a 96 cobra from a friend of mine...he put an s281 wing on it and it looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the Boss Wing. It's pretty big, but since it is very flat, it doesn't look as big as it is. Biggest difference (besides the Boss being somewhat larger) is that the S-281 curves upward a little more. Both are good choices.

There are some pictures of my car on our SCCA site. I'll look through them and post any that happen to show the wing in a few minutes.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
i'd go with the boss wing...

i have seen a guy with that wing back his car into a parking spot though..he move back to far and crush the wing..it suked

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can't figure out why they aren't working? It may be my computer. I'm posting from a new home computer, so it must be something in my setup. Anyway, I'll save them to my hard drive and email them if you still want them. Just let me know.

Or if someone else would like to try posting them, that would work also. But let me know soon! We'll be leaving in about an hour and won't be back until Sunday night.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah sure... please email em

[email protected]

thanks again

how much it cost you to have it painted? Do you have to do anything diffrent to install it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
On the way.

Figure about $150 and up for paint and finishing. Since it's fiberglass, I went to a Corvette shop and paid more. But they did do a great job.

Two things for the install. First, the Boss Wing comes with five attaching points; two on each end that mount in the stock holes, and one in the middle. Some people just grind that middle bolt off and only use four. I, however, figured better safe than sorry and drilled the middle hole. Very easy to do. Second thing; AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. The Dallas Mustang people will tell you the wing uses the existing hardware (the nuts). It DOES NOT. When you get it, go to the hardware store and buy new nuts (sorry I don't know the size). Take your existing ones and get several sizes smaller and several sizes larger. If they don't spin right on with no effort, it's not the right size. Somebody I know ;) got the first one about a quarter on before realizing the nut wasn't the right size. Couldn't get it off without breaking the bolt. Easy enough for the Corvette shop to re-set a new one for me, but it wasn't free :mad:

Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
progresr: u interested in selling that wing?? i'll buy it off u. i've been looking for that wing for sometime now. is it the real BOSS wing (15" off the trunk lid) or the aftermarket wing 13"

·
Registered
527 Posts
What the heck is the cupholders that I keep hearing about on these wings?

·
Registered
806 Posts
123a46GT,

For some reason Larry Shinoda (the creator of the boss mustang) liked the drive through car show idea, and always dreamed that the Wing would have two flat circle spot's, one on either side, for a cup to sit on, when you were leaning against your car. That's the story, if i remember right, but I might be wrong...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Loud98SVT said:
progresr: u interested in selling that wing?? i'll buy it off u. i've been looking for that wing for sometime now. is it the real BOSS wing (15" off the trunk lid) or the aftermarket wing 13"
It's not mine. I just posted the picture so people could see it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let see the pic posted is a 99 version of the wing if you goto www.teamshinoda.com click on badging you will see a list of completed cars click on one and you will see the wing also you are right the cup holders were put there for car shows and work really well

1 - 20 of 27 Posts