Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is probably a stupid question. I have looked at the Autometer site, this site's tech section, and did a couple of searches of the fourms, all to no avail, so here goes.

Were do I source the boost for my boost gauge install. It seems to me that I want to tap the pipe before the throttle blade. However, my intake (Edelbrock Performer) has a spare port on the front drivers side. The is a plug in that location now. The gauge instructions are not real specific. Help please.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You will want to connect the source downstream of the throttle body, most people use a port off of the vacuum tree, this way you are registering the amount of boost that the motor is seeing. If it is in the tube, it will read higher and could possibly damage the guage when closing the throttle shut because momentarily the boost pressure in the tube would be extremely high before the blow off valve opens. Also , if your guage reads vacuum, it would be very innacurate at the tube for a vacuum reading.
Mike

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And again, Thank You.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the RPM manifold which is basically the same as the one you have. I hooked it into the port, on the back of the intake that is just after the tb. There is one on the front of the intake that is in the exact same spot but, I have my charcoal canister hooked to that. Hope this helps! (Whoops, just saw that you have a 94)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts