Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for a book/books about general Mustang engine repair/upgrade. I have a 89 GT 5.0 so I'd prefer something deal with that year, but since I really know very little of how engines work, I am flexible to get started.

Thanks!

·
Registered
655 Posts
First I think you should get a shop manual for your stang like a Chiltons.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I very highly recommend this one, it'll shed a lot of light and debunk a lot of myths about how the EEC works and what the functions of the various sensors are:

Fuel Injection:
Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control : All Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Cars and Light Trucks 1988 to 1993

aka "the Probst book".

·
Registered
183 Posts
www.corral.net

Do LOTS of searches on every single part you are considering putting on your car. You get real life feedback on all kinds of combos. Then shop the classifieds for deals from the guys selling their stuff and upgrading to go even faster.

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
Hey:

I think the above recommended "5.0 projects" book is an excellent place to start. It has pictorial walkthroughs of a dozen or so of the typical Mustang bolt-ons, plus bumping the timing and other easy stuff.

Its what I started with.

Steve

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yet another...

I really like the "Mustang Performance Handbook" - Mathis

Gives a nice year-by-year comparison at the beginning for engine, drivetrain/tranny. But the guy is pretty hardcore - he goes from simple "bolt-ons" all the way to welding/building your own parts... Congrats & good luck! Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts