Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my frist blown 5.0 engine . I NEED HELP setting up the fuel system . I was thinking about 30# injectors using the FMU and a 75 mm PRO-M maf with a 75 mm throttle body. I have the following set-up. HOLLEY HEADS, TYPHOON INTAKE, CAM SPECS. INT. 222/ EXH. 232 LIFT .510 INT/ .534 EXH. 1.6 ROLLER ROCKERS. POWERDYNE BLOWER 9 # PULLEY . FMU UNIT. 255 LPH FUEL PUMP AND T-REX PUSHER. BBK 1"5/8 EQUAL SHORTYS, OFFROAD H-PIPE , FLOWER MASTER 2"1/2 CAT BACK EXH. (I know powerdyne bites,but I picked up the blower and mounting hardware,6,9,12# pulleys,FMU unit, K/N filter ,vortec outlet with bypass valve,aluminum crank pulley for 500 bucks with a new internal belt).

THANKS ,HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi,

You're set up sounds good, but I would suggest at least a 36# injector, with a 4:1 or 6:1 disc in it (which ever is better you'll have to find out for your car on the dyno).

BTW, your cam has the exact same specs as my Wolverine 1087, so I'm guessing it's the same cam. Just as an FYI, that cam really likes to rev, and it makes mad power once it starts revving, so it's kind of easy to spin the motor up high before you know it. Be careful with your Powerdyne, as they dont seem to like a lot of revs (and they dont seem to like a lot of powershifts either).

Hope this helps,
Jim

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey, I think that your setup seems pretty good...Though, the throttle body seems a tad big, but that's just my opinion...I made pretty good power with my Powerdyne..I had the same pulley..I had:

9 psi Powerdyne
E cam
Cobra intake (unported)
Ed. Alum. Heads (1.6's)
65mm T.B.
75mm Pro-M
24lb injectors!! W/12:1 plate in FMU (To be safe)
190lph Pump
Equal Length Headers
Off road H
Flowmasters
3.55's

STOCK ROCKERS, PULLEYS, IGNITION, and FAN. No dyno tuning at all.

I put down 414hp and 408tq and the fuel curve was INCREADIBLY RICH all the way until 5600 where it started to lean out to a reasonable mixture ratio..In fact, it was so rich, it dropped off the charts!! It wasn't until after 6000rpm I leaned out to anything that is a concern. So, I am imagining that you will be fine with what you have and should put down some very impressive numbers....Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hello.

hmmm get a 255 pusher i thought the trex was a 190.... the injectors sound ok but if you get anything else or more boost you will need more injector. i've got 42lbers 80mm pro-m. i would seriously go with a 70 mm throttle body but i can't really see the 75 hurting it too much i have no proof either way as of right now in writing. sounds good friend and good luck!
-troy

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I just bought a 75mm Pro-M and 30#ers in the parts fourm. Any suggestions as to what disc to start with in the FMU with 30 # injectors? I am going to take ya'lls advice an buy a 70mm throttle body instead of the75mm. What ignition setup are you guy's using? I am planning on buying the MSD-6BTM and blaster coil. Anybody using the CRANE ignition with their boost retard?

THANKS FOR THE HELP.
DARRIN

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would think that the 8:1-6:1 would be fine..I personally would start with the 6:1...I think that would be fine...I hope this helps...Good luck...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I needed some starting point. I found a fmu Recalibration Kit with (4:1, 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 12:1) dics for $45. I think the fmu that I have has an 8:1 in it . Do any of you guys have an air/fuel ratio gauge installed in your car? Are the ones summitt racing sells very accurate?

thanks, DARRIN

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a formula for calculating injector size for V-8 engines'
take your estimated horsepower divide it by 16 gives you injector size. example. 375 horsepower / 16 =23.4375 (24lb/hr)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crank horsepower from what I understand. I"ll try and find the web site where I seen the article. If I locate it I'll post here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts