Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did it again , I killed another pony. My dealers service man told me that the Ford Romeo engine plant has been having problems with valve train parts. Does anyone know if this is true?
I put a connecting rod through the block on #6 cylinder, car had only 1200 miles on it. To make matters worse it's my wifes car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it was under warrenty
I admit I was beeing mean to it (making red line shifts and frequently dropping the clutch) but i thought that it was broken in enough after the first 800 1000 miles. the dealer ordered a new complete 4.6 and had it back in my garage in about 10 days. I was told that a valve droped into the cylnder which caused the whole thing to grenade.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow...you only had 1200 mi on it? it was still a virgin I waited until about 3K untill I started beating on it haven't had any problems car runs like a top. that sux but at least you got a brand new motor out of it :evil:

·
Registered
329 Posts
HOly SMokes!!!!!

It must be a fluke. How many folks do we know around here that beat the hell out of their engines and don't shred 'em? I say it was just a bad day at the office for the folks on the line the day that pony was put together.

(If I keep on telling myself this over and over, I will be able to drive without being paranoid)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts