Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, need a little help with my 94 Mustang GT.

So last week my dad was driving my mustang home from a 2 hour trip and all of a sudden I started seeing white smoke coming from the tail pipes and the car was losing power. We pulled over to find the radiator had cracked but it wasn't leaking coolant just pressure from what I could tell, and the dipstick popped out and had oil all over the engine. Since we were in the mountains with no cell signal we had to limp it out of the mountains. I kept filling the radiator with water and I checked the oil because my oil pressure was dropping fast but the dipstick never popped again after I re-seated when we pulled over the first time. When I checked the oil it was like a cloudy color I'd call it.

So with the white smoke coming from the tail pipes, oil pressure dropping and oil disappearing and coolant disappearing I figured I blew a head gasket. So I got the car home finally after limping it and I started tearing down the engine to get to the heads. Rookie mistake should have done a compression test first like my grandpa scolded me for lol. But anyways I got down to the heads and gaskets were good!? I checked the heads and they looked good also. Besides the Valves looking like a white color everything seemed fine. I also found my oil pressure gauge line had burnt open guessing from not being zip tied good enough.

So I'm wondering if the gaskets where good what could have caused the white smoke and the oil looking all cloudy? And what could have caused the dipstick to pop from its place the first time but never again? Any help would be appreciated I already got the head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, intake gaskets, new SR performance radiator, and a cooper oil pressure gauge line. I don't wanna put everything back together just to find out the problem wasn't fixed. Getting the heads off is a pain in the a** lol.

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help! :)

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Better send the heads to a machine shop to have them checked for cracks and if they need to be surfaced.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better send the heads to a machine shop to have them checked for cracks and if they need to be surfaced.
I called my local machine shop and the guy said $15 per head to check for cracks and $40 per head to surface them. I'll be taking them Friday since my dads rig is all we have as a car right now lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts