Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What companies make blowers for an NPI '97 GT? Just looking through my options right now.

Damn 98s, being different and ####.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Vortech, procharger, etc all do

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
not real sure.... i do know itd be faster on a PI swap with a 100 shot. No ported heads or cams. Just a stock PI swap and 100 pill will roll the f out.

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I spend the money for a blower on my NPI, you can bet that I'll still end up on the bottle, but without PI power.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I had a procharger on mine for a while, with P & P NPI heads and a PI intake. I made 430RWHP with 10PSI...

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So we're thinking 350rwhp without any kind of aftermarket heads? :leghump:

What kind of Procharger?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If you are stock and throw on a Vortech @8psi you should be in the 300rwhp range. Thats not bad considering a stock NPI is @180 rwhp.

Ditch the stock intake and cams for a PI Intake and some blower cams and it will wake up considerably.

·
Registered
704 Posts
So we're thinking 350rwhp without any kind of aftermarket heads? :leghump:

What kind of Procharger?
It's possible yes. The headwork, PI intake, and comp XE270s I had helped me make those numbers. On a bone stock NPI engine, you're lookin at LOW 300s at best on 10PSI. I had a P1SC with the 3/core intercooler...

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Yeah, with my P600B at about 10 psi, I would estimate low 300s (109 mph trap speed)
A blower really wakes the motor up.
S-trim or P1SC/P600B, can't go wrong.
Erich

·
Registered
75 Posts
P1SC can get u around 400-450. D1 can get u up n2 the 500s. i was looking n2 the Procharger kits and thats wut the guys from Holcomb Motorsports outta Lumberton, NC told me. said itd take a D1 2 break 500.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I like this thread....something I'd like to do. Just trying to decide if I want PI heads with the swap.

btw...whats the difference b/t 97 & 98??

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1996, 1997 and early 1998 model Mustangs were made with a return style fuel setup. Mid to late '98s were built with returnless setups. The difference is like 10hp and a loss of five or so lb-ft.

And when I said ballpark I didn't mean horsepower or torque numbers, but prices instead. ;)

*is just looking for 350rwhp and an 11-second street machine*

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
350rw through a blower wont get you 11's, esp at full weight

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im currently at 428rwhp, stock block with a procharger 2 core intercooler at 10#psi

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
A good be is a used setup. Especially if you don't mind fabbing up some tubing. I think an intercooler is a very good idea-whether you go with procharger or vortech. If you don't want to go wild on stuff, you can run your stock injectors with an fmu and upgraded fuel pump (255 lph intank) will do the trick. That is what can get you your low 300s without much work and no tune. The car will run as stock when you are out of boost as well. That is the setup I used with the P600B. Of course if you have more money and want more power, you need to go to larger injectors like 42s, an aftermarket MAF and a tune.
Erich

1 - 20 of 24 Posts