Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here have a mostly stock 94-95 with just a blower? my friend with a 95 gt was thinking either heads, cam and intake or a blower. i was thinking a blower just cause my car picked up great back in the day all stock with just a blower--went from [email protected] to [email protected] with just a a-trim. figured an s-trim might work good for him.

any #'s from before and after?

thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
blower

With the addition of a s-trim at #8, a RPM performer intake, 255,30lb injector, and an BTM I went from a 14.7 to a 13.8 @ 107. That was with a 2.45 60ft. Now that I have some Drag Radials I will go back and think that I will end up with a mid to high 12 second run. My car has not been on a dyno or been tuned very much. I'd say do the blower. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: blower

WISLNBY said:
With the addition of a s-trim at #8, a RPM performer intake, 255,30lb injector, and an BTM I went from a 14.7 to a 13.8 @ 107. That was with a 2.45 60ft. Now that I have some Drag Radials I will go back and think that I will end up with a mid to high 12 second run. My car has not been on a dyno or been tuned very much. I'd say do the blower. Good luck.

did you notice anything when you swapped intakes being you have stock heads?

thanks again.

anybody else have a blower on a mostly stock 94-95?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Intake

I installed everything except for the blower at the same time. Then later I installed the blower. I didn't notice a big difference from the intake, but that is a really big intake for a stock motor with no power adder.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Tony it sounds to me like those stock heads are really a bottleneck for you! You could add some Edelbrock heads and make nice power without being too much for the stock equipment, have you thought of that? The performer heads/intake with blower is not the most powerful, but definitely a good combo with reliability and streetability in mind.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I know I don't have a GT....but on stock long block I was running 13.40s @ 104. Then I installed a S-trim, power pipe, 255lph, T-REX, 30lb injectors, 80mm mass air meter. The car made 10lbs of boost and went consistent 12.40s @ 113-114. I picked up 1sec and 10mph which is what I was about expecting. All times are on 275/40r17 Nitto drag radials.

Troy

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have considerd buying some new heads here at some point. Probably not until next summer. I was thinking some AFR's or something. I'll just have to wait and see. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
My motor is 100% stock, never had the valve covers off, and I have a S Trim with a Power Pipe. I went from High 14s to high 12s on street tires with the addition of the blower. My mods are below, like I said...motor is 100% stock. Blower = best bang for the buck with reliability in mind.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Last year when my Cobra had Motorsport headers, stock H-pipe with no mufflers on catback, & a Procharger P600b w/6psi & 2 core intercooler rolled the dyno at 346rwhp & 387 rwtq. Everything else was rock stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts