Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a novi 1000 boosting 5-6 pounds, i want more boost but dont know what the limit is before spinning the charger too fast and i dont want that becasue i need it to be reliable, ??????
also which superchargers pulleys which net me how much boost? anyone know? thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
fiveliterstallion said:
i have a novi 1000 boosting 5-6 pounds, i want more boost but dont know what the limit is before spinning the charger too fast and i dont want that becasue i need it to be reliable, ??????
also which superchargers pulleys which net me how much boost? anyone know? thanks

55,000rpm is maximum efficient impeller speed .
They have a 1.54 step-up.
I'm using a 3" and a 8", I'm spinning almost 57,000rpm. (14lbs)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im looking to go to 8-9 pounds of boost, right now i have the stock 6 inch crank pulley and the stock 3.2 inch crank pulley, what size crank pulley and stock pulley can i go with for 8-9 psi and what size boost pulley with stock crank can i go with for 8-9 psi? is there a formula for converting impeller rpm to amound of boost? i have the formula to get impeller speed from rpm, thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
fiveliterstallion said:
im looking to go to 8-9 pounds of boost, right now i have the stock 6 inch crank pulley and the stock 3.2 inch crank pulley, what size crank pulley and stock pulley can i go with for 8-9 psi and what size boost pulley with stock crank can i go with for 8-9 psi? is there a formula for converting impeller rpm to amound of boost? i have the formula to get impeller speed from rpm, thanks

If you have the single belt version, you will need a F-150 pulley.
I have 1 I will sell for $20.oo
If you have the twin belt version, you will need a 8" pulley.
The single belt comes with a 3" blower and the twin belt comes with a 3.3" blower pulley.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what year f-150 pulley is it from? i have a single belt on my novi but my blower pulley is more than 3 inches, its is like 3.3 or 3.3 inches , does anyone know the formula for pulley size relative to boost, or blower speed relative to boost?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts