Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the DOHC block completely different from the SOHC block? Reason I ask, is I was wondering whether it's possible to convert a GT to DOHC. I'm not too familiar with modular internals so this might be a stupid question lol.

Lon

·
Registered
95 Posts
alot of people will tell u the 2v & 4v blocks are different.
aside from one being aluminum, there are only minor differences.
answer to your question yes u can run 4v heads 0n a 2v block.
Although u will have an extensive parts list.
4v timing cover
intake
chain guides
headers
alternator
fuel rails
valve covers
wtr transfer tubes
t-stat housing
for more info call 404-366-3037
www.no-limitmotorsports.com

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Will I get more power out of the block with ported PI heads or ported 4V heads? What kind of power difference? What kind of price can I expect to pay for the 4V parts? BTW I plan on staying N/A. TIA

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else on here actually done this with a GT and have comments? Question still stands about performance PI swap vs 4V swap, both price and ported performance.

Lon

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I am doing the PI swap with the works. The 4v swap will be alot more $$ and work, i really dont think it is worth it. I will have #'s in the next few weeks hopefully, as long as everything goes as planned. I see you are from CT to, where about?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naugtatuck, a hop skip and a jump. You go piking?

Lon

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm gonna hold off a week on the pike, getting my 4.10's in and new tires Tuesday so I'll have somewhat of a fighting chance with my anemic heads LOL, not to mention somehow my alignment got thrown out of whack so I'm keeping driving to necessities so I don't break anything before Tuesday. I'll definitely be up next Fri/Sat and we can meet somewhere. Hey, just looked at your pics, what lowering kit do you have? That ride height is PERFECT, best I've seen yet!

Lon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts