Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a mustang motor a while ago and the guy told me it was an 89. From what I could it is an 87. But I could be wrong according to the numbers on the block its a 87 bronco block. E7TE (CA S 5 are also on the passengerside) does it stand to reason that someone swapped everything off their mustang into the block? ? ?? The pan and intake are from the mustang and I am pretty sure the heads match. I was reading in my blue print your small block ford and it said that the casting # was on the side of the block not the back corner. Did ford change the way they put numbers on the block? Can some one please help me decipher this? Also how do you know if you have mass air or speed density? since I'm questioning what block I have its possible that I have a speed density setup. I bought a 89 a9p computer for the engine. So I hope it mass air. If not I'll just have to change it. Thanx for the help I hope this is painless.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
backlash63 said:
ICan some one please help me decipher this? Also how do you know if you have mass air or speed density? since I'm questioning what block I have its possible that I have a speed density setup. I bought a 89 a9p computer for the engine. So I hope it mass air. If not I'll just have to change it. Thanx for the help I hope this is painless.
It's an 1987 casting, but doesn't mean it's from the year '87. All Mustangs use the same design block so they never changed anything. If you look at the heads on a '93 stang, they will have the E7 casting on them as well. It could very well be a 1989 motor

Is it a HO motor? Does the intake have trhe stamping "HO" on the underside? (and intake plaque but those can be swapper)

Engine blocks have nothing to do with mass air or speed density. You can run either on em

The a9P computer is a mass air automatic mustang computer. It does not matter if the computer is automatic or 5-spd. Either will work fine.

You just need the correct wiring harness for mass air and it will all work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts