Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must give a BIG thanks to Mother Nature. She provided some of the best...wait...she provided THE BEST air you could ever possibly ask for tonight in Baytown at HRP. Density altitude was in the -2000 ft range...give or take 100 ft. :joy:

60ft's were off by about 4 hundreths, so the track prep *could * have been better. No new bests there, but....drum roll please....

60: 1.757
330: 5.321 (best)
660: 8.313 (best)
MPH: 82.37 (best)
1000: 10.911 (best)
1/4: 13.101 (best)
MPH: 102.71 (best)

I backed that up with a 13.122, 13.136, 13.135, and some more...can't find all the slips right now.

That's right....I bettered my old "best" ET and MPH by more than 2 tenths and by more than 2.5 MPH, respectively. Old BEST MPH was 100.1, but not on my best ET run.

Only changes to the car were a chip from RFF Performance (DMann on the boards) and a small amount of weight reduction. The car weighed ~3150 lbs *EDIT: 3270 lbs* with me in it. My old bests were run in -100 ft DA, so as you can see, the air had a LOT to do with my timeslips tonight.

Total mods are in sig.

If only I could have hooked a 1.70x 60 ft......:evil:

Eric

·
Registered
308 Posts
BlitzkriegMS_2 said:
Density altitude was in the -2000 ft range...give or take 100 ft. :joy:

That altitude is freakin pimp. I think the best I have seen it around here is +4000.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Bill, bump me on the list....I obliterated my old "bests" tonight!

dehoass said:
That altitude is freakin pimp. I think the best I have seen it around here is +4000.
Believe it or not, this morning, the baro. press was 30.57, ambient air temp. was 28ºF, and the humidity was ~65%. DA? Try -2500ft!! Yowsers!!

Eric

·
Registered
729 Posts
Man you guys make me sick I have not been to the track since September the first time the stang ever saw the 1/4 mile and it was ugly notice its not in my sig, now I have added all the mods since then and the track is closed and I keep seeing all these (new best tonight aarrrrggh) post everywhere makes me want to drag down my dirt road with a stopwatch:D okay enough of that very nice times hope I can at least get mine into the 13's

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow! :eek: Kinda makes me wish I had gone to the local track last night. I figured the track might be too slick due to the cold and decided not to go :( I don't know exactly what the conditions were here last night, but they sound similar. Right now it's 44 degrees, dewpoint is 19 degrees and baro is 30.31.

Anyway, that's great :D an, that's big mph pick up!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
You guys in the HOT states make me sick!! I want to race my car soooo bad I can taste it... But our temperature was officially
Minus -2 Degrees with windchill closer to -30 degrees and if we are lucky it might just warm up to around 15 degrees above Zero today.... I wont even attempt to drive my car in this kind of weather... And there is no relief in sight either :( I guess it's time to move to Florida or Texas.....

Nice Numbers ;)

Tom in Indy

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
BlitzkriegMS_2 said:
I must give a BIG thanks to Mother Nature. She provided some of the best...wait...she provided THE BEST air you could ever possibly ask for tonight in Baytown at HRP. Density altitude was in the -2000 ft range...give or take 100 ft. :joy:
Although I do not know how to figure DA's, I do know that they sure do get ridiculously low in Texas! :D Care to show how to figure DA's, Eric??? I wanna be able to figure what types of times I can/should run, with the right DA, when I'm able to get to the track this year. Regardless, great times, you lucky [email protected]! :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
WOW! Awesome times for the mods. Is the suspension totally stock still?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mikeymac said:
Is the suspension totally stock still?
The suspension is totally stock minus the front swaybar. Structurally, I've added KB subframes, but that's just extra weight...not a "performance" enhancing mod.

Eric

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Bill, bump me on the list....I obliterated my old "bests" tonight!

Calvert2812V said:
Care to show how to figure DA's, Eric???
I use a combination of two sites, sometimes three:

http://www.wunderground.com

http://www.whowon.com

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_dp.htm

The first I use to get localized weather info....ambient air temp., baro. press., and dew point temp./humidty. I use the second website (sometimes) to get the track elevation. I plug the numbers into the third website to give me the density altitude. Kind of tedious, but very useful knowledge when trying to compare times from different days at the track.

Eric

·
Registered
480 Posts
Eric [BlitzkriegMS_2], would you go to 4:30's knowing what the car is capable with the 4:10's? What RPM are you going through the traps?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mikeymac said:
Eric [BlitzkriegMS_2], would you go to 4:30's knowing what the car is capable with the 4:10's? What RPM are you going through the traps?
Mmmmmm....if I was a REAL diehard, I would, but I have plans to add a blower of some sort in the future, so I won't upgrade. Bill (Mustang92) has done the swap, but he said the gains were very minimal.

I cross the traps at ~5500RPM.

Eric

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
BlitzkriegMS_2 said:
Mmmmmm....if I was a REAL diehard, I would, but I have plans to add a blower of some sort in the future, so I won't upgrade. Bill (Mustang92) has done the swap, but he said the gains were very minimal. I cross the traps at ~5500RPM.
Thats a good idea to stay with the 4.10's with the blower in mind. I'll be doing that as well. Now, if you stay N/A, and go with some good cams, I can even see a 4.56 gear being ok in a 2V, since you can rev to ~6500. For example, you cross the traps at ~5500 RPM. I peak at 5700 RPM, so what gear do you think I'd want if I was staying N/A??? :D

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Congrats on the new times.

4.30s gave me about .02 in my 60 foot times but that was about it. 4.56s even with being able to rev to 6500 would probably be too much. I'm going through the traps now just under 6K when I trap 107. If I moved my limiter up and added another 30-40 HP I would still be pushing it with 4.30s.

Bill

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Although I do not know how to figure DA's, I do know that they sure do get ridiculously low in Texas!

No....they get ridiculously low at HRP this time of the year. The track itself is actually 23 feet below sea level. Those website calculations will get you close to the actual readings but not close enough for my personal tastes. I called my Dad who was at HRP the other night testing his Thunderbird. He recorded D/A's in the -1600 to -1850 range. Mineshaft air!!!! His 'Bird was running over 155 mph for the first time.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
You da Man Eric!!!!!

Eric,

Congrads on the kick ass run... Man I wish I could even pull my car out of the driveway... (surrounded by 6" of snow)...

Maybe you can meet up with Jalene and me in the 'Corral day'??? or hookup at a FFW event?? I'll run you in Jalene's Capri...

Frank...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: You da Man Eric!!!!!

1BadFlamed93LX said:
Maybe you can meet up with Jalene and me in the 'Corral day'??? or hookup at a FFW event?? I'll run you in Jalene's Capri...
Might have a wedding to go to in July (Corral Day), but we'll figure something out....I need a truck and a trailer.

Eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts