Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey man i got a question for you. I was reading a thread and you sayed that you went 11.37 on nitrous. I was just wondering how much you sprayed it and what gear (gears if 5-speed) you sprayed it through. I am running 13.50's on motor and want to go in the 11's on nitrous. I have the forged pistons so the most that I want to spray it is about 150hp. The 13.50's were on slicks. Another thing I dont know if you have a suspention kit on your car but do you think that a drag launch kit will lower ET's. Also have 255 intank fuel pump, fuel regulator, 25 pound injestors, and retard the timing. Do you think that I can do it? Thanks CJ

·
Registered
788 Posts
Big Tony is running (I think) stock suspension and an auto, with aftermarket converter and valve body.
He is also running the STOCK short block....
I'm sure he'll chime in when he gets out of the shop....he is always working on someone's stang, or his own.

Joe

·
Registered
795 Posts
Stang Racer 5.0 said:
Hey man i got a question for you. I was reading a thread and you sayed that you went 11.37 on nitrous. I was just wondering how much you sprayed it and what gear (gears if 5-speed) you sprayed it through. I am running 13.50's on motor and want to go in the 11's on nitrous. I have the forged pistons so the most that I want to spray it is about 150hp. The 13.50's were on slicks. Another thing I dont know if you have a suspention kit on your car but do you think that a drag launch kit will lower ET's. Also have 255 intank fuel pump, fuel regulator, 25 pound injestors, and retard the timing. Do you think that I can do it? Thanks CJ

I spray the car from the drop of the throttle all the way thru..
It is jetted for 150 (nos dry kit) but it only makes 100 horses extra at the wheels.. (so i would call it a honest 125 shot at the flywheel) .. Car has 3.73 gears. see my sig for the basic combo (very simple but lots of tuning time over the past year and a half)

With a decent sixty foot going from 13.50s to high 11's should not be a problem with a 150 shot..

I have totally stock suspension except for the following.. No front sway bar, 90/10 front struts, and subframe connectors..

IF you are spinning a drag launch kit will help.. Also some mega bites would help and some boxed uppers, and no sway bar on front , and 90/10's and 50 /50's etc..

I am running a 255 intank, adjustable regulator , etc..

YES YOU CAN DO IT BUT START EASY ON THE NITROUS AND SNEAK UP ON THE POWER A LITTLE AT A TIME.. (remember rome was not created in a day)

Also note i ran those times with big and littles and 275 bfg drag radials on the rear and a good track prep with a very strong 1.58 sixty foot.. AND it was done in good weather.. I have ran in the heat the other day and i did manage a 11.50 with a weaker sixty foot and a bunch worse weather ( 100 percent humidity/94 degrees)

·
Registered
795 Posts
JoeSmith said:

I'm sure he'll chime in when he gets out of the shop....he is always working on someone's stang, or his own.

Joe
Yeah i just chimed in ;) Just got thru eating supper and decided to surf a little while..:)

How you been Joe? I saw a sad thread on DFW stangs.net :( You know the one..;) But sometimes you gotta get rid of em and get you another one later.

BTW,, i am fixing to sell blue.. Doing basically the same thing you are. Trying to buy an expedition! BUT,,, I WILL BE BACK!!!:evil:

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'll send you an email with all the details.........I got an '03 F-150 Supercrew, 4X4...........family is growing and I "needed" a truck

I'll be back as well..........look for me in the mod motor section...I'll be the one with twin turbos..........that's the plan, anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts