Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have done alot of searches n many sites and havent came up with much, i dont want a ford cam, i want something made by crane or comp, if i get 1.6 rockers what is a good cam for max HP, it doesnt have to be the roughest idle, or the biggest lift, but something thats a bit rough, but will run with Speed ednsity on a daily driver.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think that of the ford cams the E cam is the highest you can go..which has a .498" lift. I dunno how the LCA reacts w/ speed density though

·
Registered
880 Posts
Well, I got some news yesterday that really threw a wrench into my ideas with SD.... Jeff at FRPP told me that he was worried about the drivability and the computer coping with a STOCK cam with 1.72 rockers... he acted like the 1.72s were the end of the world, said that they MIGHT work fine but he had his doubts... so that kinda upset me. Just my $.02

·
Registered
188 Posts
I know people who have used 1.7 Cobra rockers on the stock SD cam and had no problems. You may have to remove the internal baffles on the stock valve covers for the rockers to clear. Stock lift is .444, so the 1.7 would bring the lift to around .472.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Cam Motion in Baton Rouge La. is the best in the business when it comes to custom speed density cams. They're are several Gen. 1 Lightning guys over at the NLOC that are making big power with their cams,........and are still Speed Density!!

The # is (225) 926-6110 ask for Terry,......he really knows his stuff!!

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
The Steeda #19 and Crower 15511 cams are known and proven to be good SD cams. The Crower carries power a little higher in the rpm.

·
Registered
475 Posts
What is it about speed density that limits modifications? I've never really learned all about speed density...been more of a mass air guy

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Speed density does not measure air flow directly. It monitors intake vacuum and uses and internal fuel map and multiple sensor inputs to adjust injector duty cycle to control fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts