Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ......... Im about 1/2 way done porting my E7 Heads
I thinks I want to go with the Chevy Valves (1.94"/1.60")
and a 3 Angle valve job.

My question is;

A) Can i use the new Trick Flow Springs & Seals I have?
B) Can I Use my Existing (NEW) Pushrods (Stock Length)
C) Are the Valve Guides same I.D. as Ford (Stock)
D) Are there any Clearance Problems with the Larger O.D. Valves
E) Any Problems with my Existing FMS 1.7 Roller Rockers

Also what is the Average Price for the 3 Angle Valve Job?

Any help with this would be Greatly Appreciated

·
Registered
567 Posts
Your half way done porting your heads and now you want to go to a bigger valve? the first thing is to decide your valve then have the seat cut, then port the head to blend the seat to the cut and then open up the rest of the port. you outta use 1.9 and 1.6 valves and there should be no push rod issue if the valve tip is just as high as the stock ones. off hand i dont think the valve guide will need to be enlarged and the 1.72's will work but i would use 1.6's to be on the safe side, but you shold be ok with the stock cam and 1.72's (if in doubt pull the clay out). you can use the springs and you might have to machine the head if the seals are the PC seals rather than the stock opens. you will be alot better off with the bigger valves assuming that you dont over port the throat and you do the bowls decent. remember to keep the valve guide squared off at the end. and a valve job could be 100 - 150 depending.
paul

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to get the bulk of the porting done, before any machine work is done (1 slip of the grinder= a junk valve seat)

I already have the 1.72 roller rockers, and it is Not a stock
Cam, I have an E303.......

The Seals I have are the ones that came with the Trick Flow
spring & seal kit

I agree somewhat with keeping the Guides square, but I have read where a lot of people, are blending the Exhaust guide flush with the floor. Im sure I will keep the guides stock length though.

Thanks for the Input, thats what im looking for! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
ttt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.