Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen anything? i dont want to drop the 500 bucks on the PHP setup, thats nuts. just looking to keep more fuel closer to where it needs to be so i dont run out, thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fuel rails are ok the way they are, you just need to add a boost-a-pump and 50# injectors and you will not run out of fuel., I know I have already done this and been there.
Randy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a boost a pump does the same thing as my chip, it just adds voltage to the fuel pump under boost. i want the rails to keep more fuel right where it needs to be, since i have both pullies i have 12lbs of boost right a tip in and the stock rails cant hold enough fuel it seems to get it all in there. is this randy with the KB car? the stock fuel system is good for 550rwhp with nos imho, but again, my tip in it tremendous

·
Registered
6 Posts
Matt,
I'm currently running well over 570rwhp and again the only problem I had was I was out of fuel at 5400RPM with the previous set up I had. I don't know of any chip that will take the place of a boost a pump, not saying there isn't. What is your A/F ratio. The 50# injectors handled my situation very well. I should be able to go to 600 to 625rwhp and be ok. No this isn't Randy that has the KB 03, I am in Greenville S.C.. BTW are you going to come to Charlotte N.C. in april for the autofair at Lowes Motor Speedway. My car will be on display with Ford SVT to show people what you can do with boltons, if you can make it look foward to seeing you.
Have fun and be careful.
Randy:)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Your chip will only increase the rate of voltage increase delivery to the fuel pump, it will not increase the voltage above what the battery can deliver. The BAP increases voltage beyond battery voltage to drive the pump harder than it could before, thus giving you more fuel than a stock system is able.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts