Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is how his stage 2 and 3 did on my car. Thread below will be updated with new dyno numbers and track times as the happen.

First off I paid the guy full price for his work and didn't write this review till I was 100% done with his work. This is as fair of a review as you can get. (See last pic I tell him in it its going to be a fair review) I did break my stage 3 intake and he fixed it for free and shipped it back for free I just paid shipping to him. It was told by my engine builder and a few other people it was my fault because my intake studs most likely did it.

Pros (he does port all brands of intakes also)

For the money I think you can't beat what you get. I have seen his work and I even sent a already ported intake to him just because it was clear I would get more out of his work.
He is a nice guy on this forum he seems not that way but he gets bashed 24/7 by the trolls so thats why he acts like that I'm sure.
Communication is good he will PM you back with in a day for sure usually in an hour or so.
He paints the intakes and they look really nice.
You get the most bang for the buck with the stage 2 compared to other ports I have had and seen at that level.
Stage 3 is a work of art its stupid how nice that intake is and how much work went into it.
Stage 3 is cut open a ported so the runners can be shortened as needed.

Cons
Time= If your in a rush its not going to happen he want even tell you a time. If I was to guess I would say 1.5-2 months on a stage 2 and 6-8 months on a stage 3 keep in mind shipping can be a week both ways. Look I could be wrong on time but thats my guess. But if you want that level of work and want to use a GT40 style intake its worth the wait. People wait a year on a A5 transmission all the time just send it off at the start of your build or have a backup intake on till it comes in.
Communication= he is quick with a PM but it would be nice to be able to call him on the phone.
Intake clean= My stage 3 was super clean and had no metal shavings but my stage 2 had some not a ton but wasn't as clean so make sure you clean it also. Everyone should always check no matter who does it.
Intake shortening= Make sure you and him are on the same page on how much he takes and why.
OK, so after talking to Bigdog over the shortening of the intake he has showed me pics and explained that he could have cut more but it would have cut the CFMs/flow way down to go more due to the way the cobra is made compared to the explorer ontake.

My over all option is simple if you want a GT40 look its hands down worth the wait. After he didn't shorten the runners to max I still sent him my other intake to have the stage 2. Why its priced right and he does great work. If I had another brand intake I needed ported he would get it also for the $ and work it just is what it is.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Video my tuner did. As you can see he was a fan also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts