Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o it knocks everytime i move forward or backwards and its terrible, im getting it fixed tomorrow but tonight i had it at the track and i ran a 15.1 95 gt 5spd or h and kn filter, i was wondering how much that bad suspension would mess up my time? its real bad the part thats supposed to be shiny metal is all black and it knocks like their stuck then they pop when they come loose... im hopeing 3 tenths of a second i was struggling with traction and ripping 3rd gear

·
Registered
452 Posts
Are you talking about the strut shafts being all black? Your post is a little confusing.

If your struts are preventing the front end from lifting and transfering weight to the rear wells, yes this would hurt your times. You should replace the struts if they are stuck for safety and ride quality.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I'm with Brock on the confusing part. I have no idea of where you are talking about. :D
Are you talking about the front or rear. When going forward then reverse the popping could be be u-joints.
If the suspension is that bad, as you stated, I would not have taken it to the track. That doesn't see to be the best time to be getting up to 90+ mph!
Be Careful.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my bad guys..

im talking about the quad shocks and the main ones .. all in the rear .. and i just had my universal joints replaced i think whoever had my car before me prob just had burnout contest with it hahaha the u joints were shot and so is the rear suspension i ran 15.169 @ 91 .129mph and 60 time of 2.231

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.