Ford Mustang Forums banner

Big Block Mustangs

592 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MCO 460 
#1 ·
I know I have one of the less common ones, a 502, so I know I probably won't get the exact info I am looking for but oh well. Anyway, my 502s exhaust manifolds are not going to cut it anymore, and I need to know how to fit headers in this 83'. I know there are some 460s in mustangs, so there is bound to be some headers crammed in. How'd you do it?:joy:

#2 ·
I used the hooker slip tube swap headers and they fit perfect with only a slight modification to the pipe that wraps around the steering shaft :hammer: With an aftermarket shaft im sure it would have fit w/ no modificaiton. Basically I bolted the passenger side up, set the drivers side in the engine bay, got the trans deep in the tunnel then brought up the drivers header, bolted it up and slid the engine/trans the rest of the way in. Kumar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#3 ·
The engine is already in the car, do you think that I need to pull it to get headers in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.