Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that in the spring I will have owned my ‘83 convertible for 20 years!
In honour of this milestone I plan to drive the wheels of if her next summer.
I haven’t driven it in a few years so it will probably need tires when I get it out of storage.

I have a thing for white letter tires so I’m debating between BFG Radial T/A or Cooper Cobras.
Any reason to choose one over the other?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I don't think there's any reason to choose one over the other, other than price.

There are options out there to buy white lettering to put onto tires, so you don't have to limit yourself to those two specific tires (which are both dated designs and by modern standards are pretty poor performers).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked online and there are very few easily available options for 15” tires these days,

The place I normally buy tires only has these two in 235-60-15 and there’s only about $75 difference between the coopers and the BFGs so I’ll probably go with the BFG’s so the car will look like it did when I was 20 years younger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.