Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1074707

I paid Darrell William Pearce $80.00 for an A9L computer which he described as in "great condition" The computer was recieved and is defective. He refuses to give me a refund. i have filed a dispute through paypal, but the kid denied my refund i asked for and thinks he can do whatever he wants because inside internet land nobody has to be an honest and decent individual. I explained that he will be held accountable for this transaction. I don't care if i have to take him to court to get it back. Now.... I did what any smart person would do... i looked him up on myspace.... so let me tell you a little about darrell. here is some public info from his profile. feel free to look around. If anyone has been down this road before, please help me out. I have a bought and sold many thousands of dollars worth of parts on this website, and this is my first time i've had someone try to chump me.

DARRELL REFUNDED MY MONEY 12/18/08

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: a9l

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey man i put that computer in my car, and for some reason it's not working correctly. My fuel pump sticks on when i turn my key on. when i swap computers out though every thing is fine. Did you actually use that computer, because I would think you would have known that it was defective? Please get back to me thanks. - billy

===========================

I never used the computer, my car was speed density and i was going to convert it to mass air, but instead I just swapped to a carb.
==========================
Well I'm going to try it one more time when i go back down to my garage, and see if i can figure out why it is doing what it is doing. If you would like i can take a video and show you if my camera would pick up my fuel pump sound. I highly doubt whatever is causing it is going to stop. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, I noticed it said pometto pony... it wasn't in a flood damage car was it? I will need your address to send this back to you if it continues not to work. You can just go into paypal, and refund my payment back into paypal for me. Get back with me so i know this is ok. Thank you.

the computer was sold as is with no warranty. It was bought from palmetto pony as a used computer from a mass air car. not tryin to be a dick, but i cant refund money on this. i apologize but how was i to know? all stickers looked good and the factory seal was still intact so i figured it worked.

Darrell.... I'm not really sure exactly what your talking about. Responsible people do not do business like this. You sold me a computer in great condition supposedly which it was not. Please refund my money. I have no problem paying to ship it back to you because i understand things like this happen sometimes. However you do need to understand that it's not my fault you shipped me a broken computer. If you would have checked the computer (like i did when i recieved it) after you purchased it from palmetto pony, we both could have avoided this problem. I have filed a paypal dispute, and have full intentions using all available resources to make sure my money gets refunded. If you refund my money, then no harm done, and no hard feelings. I hope you own up to this mistake and do the right thing. Thanks again. billy.

============================
Im not exactly sure what you're talking about. I bought it as is and sold it as is. I don't see how I'm obligated. i never checked it because i have nothing to check it on. I own an 1987 Mustang LX 5.0. It is speed density. I bought the computer to convert my car to mass air. I never did. I decided to put a carburetor on it. I sold the computer to help pay for parts. I have no money to refund. Im in college paying book fees and dorm fees and tryin to get a car together to go race when i get home on a rare weekend.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Feedback was left. I will ask to have it removed if this situation is resolved.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well i learned something today. Paypal is a joke. After several attempts at getting my money back from darrell, i figured i'd just escallate my dispute to a claim on paypal, and let a neutral person decide who is right or wrong. Well i did not know this but paypal said this "We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality." I find it hard to believe i've bought and sold so many things all the while thinking that if something like this would happen, paypal would be there to protect me from such a mishap. I didn't even have a real person review my case.... what a joke paypal is. Now it looks like we are going to have to do things the hard way.

·
Banned
3,821 Posts
Well Douschebag Darrell you ARE obligated!!

You sold it so it is your responsibility to make sure what you are sellling is good.Not bill's problem that you didn't use it to know if it was good

"I work to spend all my money on my mustang and i go to school so i can keep spending money on my mustang"

that last paragraph is from your myspace so get your $80 out and refund him since you have all this money to spend on your car

·
Registered
357 Posts
Darrell, first of all you look like a complete douchebag in all of your pictures. but just because you look like one doesnt mean you have to be one. you should refund his money and not act like a 10 year old kid about the situation.

if you have so much money to spend on your car, then you should take $80 of that money and refund Billy.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
If he sold it AS-IS, No warranty and the buyer understands that as it is a USED item......nothing you can really do. Sorry. :(

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
No Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darryl, Just because you bought a worthless pos and didn't test it doesn't make it fine to turn around and re-sell it and advertise it as being perfect or OK.

You as the individual didn't state that it was not tested, or was bad. You represented this as being able to be used. If this were to come into small claims court, you would lose on sheer principle and also on mis-representation of the parts quality.

Bill

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If he sold it AS-IS, No warranty and the buyer understands that as it is a USED item......nothing you can really do. Sorry. :(

he did not state that camfox. please see above. he represented the item as "in great condition" NOT AS IS.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
swap the computer back in and tap on the fuel pump relay to see if it shuts off if thats the only issue. I've seen them stick a few times and then work fine for months. Also if you are swaping from a factory AOD car you need to swap to the t5 o2 sensor harness or you will damage the computer.

Not sticking up for the guy but just swapping in a a9l and still using the factroy wiring from a AOD car can damage the ECU.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tough situation. This is exactly the reason I will never buy or sell used electronic parts on a forum. Did you unhook the battery cables before installing the computer? I'm sure you did, but let's say you forgot and accidently burned up the computer, now want a refund. I'm not taking sides on this one, just maybe giving you an insight to what Darrel might be thinking. IF I were Darrel, I might think about never selling fragile electronics on the web again and MAYBE refund half the money, like I said, tough situation.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Wow, your going to ruin your selling priveliges on here over $80?
Just send the man his money back and move on.................

·
Formerly 347stangconv
445 Posts
Darrell,

you need to refund this man his money. Your ad never said anything about it being sold as is where is. You never stated that you tested it or not. Just man up and pay the man his money.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to clairfy any doubt on my part for the person above... I am not swapping into an AOD car... I did unhook the battery exactly as you should do. I swapped this A9L in my 93 which is already running an A9L to verify that it was in working condition. when i hook up the A9L i bought from darrell, as soon as i turn the key before i even crank the car, the fuel pump primes and just continues to run. I tried this many of times... the car will not start either. I then disconnected the battery again, and hooked my known good computer, and repeated the same steps, pump cycles fine, car starts.... I can't say for sure if darrell knew the computer was broken before he shipped it or not, but I will say this, most people out who are trying to sell broken parts would probably be doing the same exact thing that he is. I want my money back from this kid.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe you Mill Creek, but the kid is being somewhat honest. He could have told you "I pulled this out of my running car, just ran an 11.40 with it the weekend before, worked great". You deserve your money back, hopefully you guys can work something out. It takes a real slimeball to knowingly sell junk, I don't think this is the case here.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
are there any moderators on here who can help me out? I'd like to think that some influence from a site authority would help resolve this.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe you Mill Creek, but the kid is being somewhat honest. He could have told you "I pulled this out of my running car, just ran an 11.40 with it the weekend before, worked great". You deserve your money back, hopefully you guys can work something out. It takes a real slimeball to knowingly sell junk, I don't think this is the case here.
I'm not saying that he knowingly sold me junk, i'm saying that he sold me junk, and knowingly refuses to refund my money.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Tough sitituation also....

I don't think the mods can help you on this site.....Its your word against his...not fare to ban him...

Electronics pieces can be hard to return......I believe you about putting it in...just hard to take things like that back....

In his ad he did mention it was Great Condition....Might want to think about that Darrell

Could get it back and Resale it....several people wanted it...LOL

I think a core charge on one off these is around $80 someone sale it to autozone....

By the way Pay Pal want protect you from buying parts on here...I got the same response on an guage one time....only if I never recieved it they would have refunded the money....If you purchase "Goods" the don't have to be Good...... just so that you get them.....Start putting in "services" on stuff you might be scared of or weary.............I did that one time and got my money back....told them he never performed the service.....

Last but not least.....Darrell your lady friend is HOT....Good luck guys..part of what we do....

Milcreek Sure its not the first time....

Darrell Don't let it be the last............

I say split the difference in it......and watch the language

Is the Computer an 89 model? if so it wouldn't work in your 93?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.