Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a pair of decent seats for my '99 Cobra, but all the ones I've seen so far come in either black or some non-standard color. Is there any way to get some high-quality comfortable seats that will match my existing (parchment) interior? How good are the '03 Cobra seats? Maybe I could get a pair of those that would match up nice. Are the '01 and '03 seats the same?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would HIGHLY recommend the '01 Cobra seats. Going from my '97 Cobra's seats to my '01 Cobra's seats was taking a a knife out of by back after a long drive. The '01 seats are awesome! The swede-like material in the center does a great job of keeping your body in place during hard turns and it feels very luxurious. I can't say enough about these seats! Extremely supportive and comfortalbe.

BTW, the '03 Cobra seats are different from the '01. The '03s have additional power adjustments and a different swede/center section design.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would also recommend the '01 Cobra seats... I have never sat in the '99 Cobra but comparing them to an '00 GT's seats there is an unbelievable difference. They are very supportive and very comfortable. I wish I could buy one with wheels for work!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
seats

You might want to consider the FR500 seats, which are available in any color in leather.
Also, depending on what you are looking for, you can get most aftermarket seats in any color leather. I know Corbeau can make you seats to match any factory leather color. I just installed the CR1's(Carrera's) and I absolutely love them. They are very form fitting.

Ken

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Ford Motorsports ones are the Classic Soft trim ones mentioned above, you can only buy them through a Classic Soft Trim dealer, I had three differend FRPP dealers check into them for me and all three told me that they could not get them. Note there is no part number for them in the catalog.

Ike

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had my Recaro's upholstered with leather in the factory color. It looks about as stock as fancy steats can look I guess.

This thumbnail is all I have got on my webserver right now but if you squint you can get the idea ;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I just want to find replacements for my 96GT black leather up front...

Prices?
Install?

I saw a guy at ford replace them in under 10 minutes..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I'll have to find someone around here that has '01 seats, and/or I'll keep an eye out at the dealer for the '03's to start showing up. Then I'll have to go try them out. I have nothing against my current seats, except for that minor little detail of sliding out of them around corners ... :mad:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Isaac-1 said:
The Ford Motorsports ones are the Classic Soft trim ones mentioned above, you can only buy them through a Classic Soft Trim dealer, I had three differend FRPP dealers check into them for me and all three told me that they could not get them. Note there is no part number for them in the catalog.
FYI, I called the CST installer here in Austin to ask about having the seats in my 98 GT recovered with the FRPP Sport package and was told it will not fit because of changes in the seat frame design. Even if it did work, the cost is prohibitive, $1500.00.

Oh well, back to looking at Corbeau...

Chris

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I've read that the '03 Cobra seats are rather uncomfortable for the driver if you are a big person...They have power side bolsters and even on the widest setting they were in the way for larger people...They said the passenger side seat was a lot more comfortable than the drivers one but that Ford still kinda overlooked the seats in the new model compared to other sports cars...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mach I seats?

I'd like new seats also, I'm waiting to see what the new Mach I's seats will cost...:)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
ToplessCobra said:
I'd like to get a pair of decent seats for my '99 Cobra, but all the ones I've seen so far come in either black or some non-standard color. Is there any way to get some high-quality comfortable seats that will match my existing (parchment) interior? How good are the '03 Cobra seats? Maybe I could get a pair of those that would match up nice. Are the '01 and '03 seats the same?
I would highly recommend these. and their better than 01 cobra's and match your interior perfectly!!!

parts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey there,

I just bought some cloth Corbeau Carerra seats (http://www.corbeau.com) and they are pretty sweet. I payed 399$ a piece...plus 90$ for each seat mounting bracket. The carerras are for smaller framed people.....and have side bolsters that will stick your ribs/sides really well. If you want a cheaper comfy seat that isn't as tight in the mid section..get their Targa RS seats for around 320$ a piece. You will basically be stuck going to a decent cloth seat unless you want to blow a whole lot of $$$ for leather.

The only problem with aftermarket is that you seem to want "stock appearing" seats...which limits your options...

GOod luck!

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 F150 SuperCrew

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Except for what I anticipate will be stratospheric pricing, I like what I see in pictures of the '03 Cobra's seats. I would like seats that match as much as possible in color and material because my '99 is a convertible, and IMHO the hard-core racing seats would look pretty silly. All I'm really looking for is better comfort and performance for street driving anyway, not track.

Right now it goes something like this: "I just bought a '99 vert, which I'm very happy with, but the '03 looks so dang yummy. Now the price difference is $20k, let's see what I can do to my '99 for 20k... :D"

·
Registered
524 Posts
snkchmr said:
I had just the front Flo-Fits in my 96 Cobra
match was perfect
I FORGOT what I paid it was in 96
Those look great. Where did you get them? They look mostly stock but look to have a better design. How's the lower back support? Unless Ford is going to offer the Bullitt/'01 Cobra/Mach1 seats at a REASONABLE cost, I'm going to look at these. I've got cloth now and would mind the upgrade to leather.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.