Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a clutch that is a little tighter so I can get a little bit better controlled launchs and such, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
See sig. And its still hard for me to launch it smoothly everytime on the street. Its worked very well for me on the 4 passes I've made with it. I'm sure others will agree. 650 HP clutch disc.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if I got the king cobra clutch kit from Gefracing, what else would I need?

·
Registered
523 Posts
what about warranty issues? if i were to swap a better clutch would my warranty go bye bye?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually had my clutch replaced under warranty, usually clutches are considered wear items so replacing it would not be a problem since, really it never had a warranty anyways, and shouldn't affect any other part of the car I would think.

·
Registered
105 Posts
IMO the best combo is the centerforce disk and the motorsport plate. I have had this combo for 3 yrs and it rocks. The hotter it gets the harder it grabs.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Clutch

Get a Centerforce Duel firction. It has weights on it for less petal effort! The weight are small-nothing heavy. Strong griping power TOO. I love mine and so does my friend that has a 12sec, 5.0. It doesn't slip at all. Highly recommended.:joy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm lovin my new spec stage II with AL flywheel and PST carbon fiber DS. You can ride the clutch a little, its not just on or off like higher hp level clutches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts