Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I should just floor it or raise the rpm's while holding the brake or what? I want to take full advantage of the converter. Traction seems to be an issue.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe the best way to launch an auto is to floor it off idle. From what I understand, this flashes the converter, allowing it to reach its maximum stall(2800 in your case). From what most people say, you will get your best 60' this way. I don't have any actual track expierence yet. :mad: Stupid mech wrecked my car after the headswap was done.....and now, I won't be able to run her until late this year (about to deploy with the military) So, this is just what I have heard and read.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
What I have found works best for me is to footbrake it and rev it up to the point right before the car starts to lurch and just mat it at the last yellow.

This worked well for me leaving the line spraying. I was cutting even 2.0 60' times with nitto's.

Now I'm going with a transbreak. built rear, and sticky tires. That should be a much better launch. :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts