Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the strip this week and was running horrible 60 ft times of 2.3. ran a [email protected] with the 100 shot, i just bought the car and want to know what the best way to launch it. street tires
thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Running street tires (not dr's) you'll have to ride the clutch to get a sub 1.99 60 ft time, UNLESS you're at an ultra sticky track, which I haven't had the pleasure to use.

BTW, what's a pre-production '96 Cobra? What's your SVT build #?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I launch at bout 1000 RPM, and feather the gas and roll out of the clutch, as soon as I get to bout 4,000 I stick it.. then granny shift second.. chirp the tires, as soon as I know the tires arent gonna break loose (they would power shfiting) I hold it to the floor (same with third) but I have a blower and have trouble with the tires breakin loose on teh 2 3 upshift, u shouldnt have that trouble, well maybe on the juice. I have manged a 1.98 60 FT on just regular BFG's ZR's aired down to 20 PSI, on stock suspension and Steed lowering springs. I havent even gotten a better 60 FT with Nittos.. but have only ran them twice. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I wouldn't even try racing on stock tires. That will be so frustrating that it will make you want to quit racing or to trade the car for something else. To play a little get drag radials. If you're serious get some axles and ET Streets or Drags.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pp1 cobra

a pre-production cobra was built before the preduction run, it has a 95 vin number but has a 4v 4.6 that matches vin. they built them early to show the new mod motors

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pp1 cobra

no build number and no svt markings, like final assembly singature and svt emblem on car

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hmmm. definitely interesting. Do you have an SVT certificate? If so, what does it say about the build # ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: pp1 cobra

WildMustang said:
a pre-production cobra was built before the preduction run, it has a 95 vin number but has a 4v 4.6 that matches vin. they built them early to show the new mod motors
I thought that preproduction cars, in general, are not sold as passenger cars?

Was the preproduction car considerably cheaper than a new '96 Cobra?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Put on some slicks.

Set the 2step to 7000 rpms.

Put the gas pedal to the floor.

Dump the clutch.

Hold on!!!:evil:

Seriously though, you did ask for the best way to launch it and that is the recipe. Now, getting it to do that without breaking, that is another story of my life.

Later, Jason

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pp1 cobra

i dont know how much it was new, the first owner worked for ford. it was featured car in tokico and torsen ads, john ames won scca e class with it. i bought it about a month ago from a guy in dearborn that works for roush industries. its a pp1 car so it had to meet all passenger car resale requirements.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts