Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a tune-up in a week and was wondering what the best components are for my fox? What brand wires and what mm? Plugs? Cap? Rotor? PVC? Fuel Filter?

Also, I live in NYC, what type of oil should I use? 10W-30? Synthetic or regular? What is the best oil filter?

I know these are stupid questions, but I spend so much time learning about cams, heads, and all that good stuff. and I forget about the basics... :(

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
i replaced mine w/ all oem stuff. seems to get the job done fine. maybe do thermostat to if it hasnt been changed.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Oil filters:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

Oil:
Redline Syn. 5-30
read about them yourself at www.redlineoil.com. I know racers that swear by it.

As for cap, rotor, plugs & wires:
It comes down to personal preference. I've never noticed a difference between the Accell, MSD, or "Standard" replacement cap and rotor I've gotten from local autoparts stores. Wires are a different story. MSD has one of the least resistance wires, but nothing fits like stock ford wires. I ran splitfires plugs once and burnt the electrodes off them ;)... since then I am a rock solid "autolite" fan.

·
Registered
706 Posts
i like motorcraft plugs. they're a little more expensive but it's not too much money. also i like to use fms wires. and use a cap with brass terminals. i think mine is an accel.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
eightyfour said:
i can't seem to find the kit at that site. it would be awesome if i could find a kit.
I had trouble finding it to...but I did a keyword search or something like that and typed in "tune" and a few options came up and the kit was one of them...hope that helps...

David

·
Registered
984 Posts
Buy motorcraft parts. Oil filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Summit has the cap and rotor kit M-12106-A302. All I can say is stay away from FRAM!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Fram/Penzoil filters are crap. Here's the link again, it requires reading
AMEN!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts