Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not making that much power but i hopefully will some day with my ysi.
i'm starting to get tired of my c4 i'm thinking about getting an aod over the winter, what i'm looking for is a nice trans break aod setup one that i can accutal drive long distance trips with, as in 400-500 miles each way type deals , i love taking road trips but c4/ with 4.10s kinda kills it,
the car now is a high 10s n/a 410w fox, if i stay at 55mph down the highway and don't rip on it at all i can actual pull low 11mpg gotta love fi, it would be nice to get some 15ish with aod
i really don't want to go back to 5 speed, as i'm hooked to the break now
so anyone runing an aod let me know your experice with it, and how many miles you have on it any problems, how much power your making thanks

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Check out www.clickclickracing.com. LOTS of info over there on the AOD/4R70W. With mostly basic tools you can rebuilt them your self. There are even links to where you can get the parts you need for wholesale prices.

That being said, I have an AOD that has a lot of the 4R70W parts in it. If you search around there are hardened 4R70W parts around for cheap. I bought a 4R70W for $50. Cleaned, inspected, and re installed the parts in my AOD. Of course with new clutches, band, etc were installed.

A one piece input shaft is a must at the power levels you will be at maxing a YSi out. I installed a SFI bell housing that turned into a nightmare. But all said and done I am glad I did it. If you want info as to why and what needs to be done let me know.

The Lentech valve body is really the only way to go right now. His rev/3 patent really works well and helps reduce stress on the main drum. The think that really sucks is it costs about $950 shipped here in the states.

The AOD will eat up more power than that C4 did. So you will loose a little there. But if OD is some thing you really want the AOD is a great trans. It can be built to be very strong and last.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts