Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all, in process of looking for an 04 gt auto w/abs+t/c . i would love to hear what you all have payed or your opinions on best price. thanks in advance to all.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was shopping for 1 back in feb with the x plan I got for working at pep boys plus the the 3k rebate ford had a 27 k sticker car was going to cost me 22k
I would have loved a new 04 but i figured with the 6k I saved getting an 02 (still under warrenty with low miles) I could have some fun.
Money was a big factor cause my job pays squat.

·
Registered
251 Posts
this is something that I have a little experience in. Depending on how the dealerships are around you. you can usually bust them pretty hard. Understand that most generally they have to have the car on the lot for you to be able to get them down in price. First of all find a New car at a dealership that you want and can't live without. Look at the sticker and and tell them you just don't know and you want them to print you all the options that the car has. Get on Ford.com and build the car to the exact specifications of the car your looking at. After your done ford.com will give you invoice price and retail price. You never pay sticker price period. Then go back to the dealership and tell them that you would like to see the original manufactures invoice on the car. If They refuse you have to options. 1. show them what you printed off the internet on ford.com(ford don't charge one dealership one price and another dealership another, it don't work like that.) and tell them that you will give 2% over invoice. Most generally thats around $500-$600 on top of invoice price. thats about $22k for a New stang with all options. Pretty much if the sales man wants to make a sale he will get it done. 2. If they act like asses just walk off. Its pretty much up to them whether they want to make a sale or not. but most generally they will go for the deal as long as the invoice shows the exact same options on the car. Good Luck.

P.S. I've done this a couple of times now and have a couple new cars sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
$22k isn't a good deal on a GT. I only paid $23,655 OTD for my Mach 1. See the ad above. That's a good deal on a GT.

I fully intended to fly down there and drive a Mach 1 back, but once my dealer realized I was serious about it, they actually beat Brandon's price (which was $23,999 at that time). So, I just bought one locally.

Subsequently, Brandon went down to $22,699 on Mach 1s. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the reply's, i called one local dealer here in ny, long island. his best offer was..ready? for an 04 , premium pkg., w/ abs+t/c, automatic, mach 460...24,800 plus tax. that seems real high to me. i dont understand though, the invoice on the car i'm interested in is 24,700. how are there deals out there for gt's ..let alone mach 1's for 22,000 and lower. please tell me where, but i hope i dont have to go 1800 miles, although those are great prices. i mean, i have 15k to put down and i am serious. i just need a little education here, how are you all doing these deals? thanks again..greg

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
It wouldn't cost much more than $500 or so to have it shipped to you, I wouldn't think. When I was talking to Brandon, they indicated that shipping cars wasn't something they'd have a problem doing. You really ought to call them and see what they can work out for you. They're consistently the number 1 or 2 Mustang dealer in the U.S. annually. There must be a reason for this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just called them, waiting for a call back to see what their prices look like. i wish i knew how they did it, the guy i spoke to said the car listed for 17 and change is a deluxe pkg w/o abs,t/d, mach 460 and auto..a stripper essentially. i also inquired about a mach one automatic, i know, how could i, but it'll be a daily driver so i cant take a stick. its a rare one to find an automatic mach one i bet . we'll see...keep the suggestions coming..thanks

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Auto Mach 1s aren't all that rare, and there's no shame in them either. They still haul ass! Production breakdown for 2003 model year is:

Mach 1 with M/T - 7709
Mach 1 with A/T - 1943

I'm no mathmetician, but I guess 20% autos is a good figure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh, ok...your right. that isnt that bad. i hope i'm successful. i just dont get how they could sell them so low, i mean, i'm sure its true, but up here in ny, they suck.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I'm sure ford gives them additional discounts for selling so many, and they aren't trying to stiff you out of any rebates or dealer cash. They give you all the discounts they can scrape together, and hope they can sell enough of them monthly to still make a healthy profit.

Some dealers would rather sell ten $24,000 deals a month than thirty $18,000 deals. That's why Brandon has 275 Mustangs in stock and most dealers (at least the ones around here) have 8-12.

Anyway, good luck. I know you'll be thrilled with your Mustang regardless of whether its a GT or Mach 1.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, i appreciate the input, i'll let you know how much my price is with brandon when they call back. they called once already, they have an azure blue one with the options i want..including being an auto...lets see the price. thanks again

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh well, i thought they would give me a great deal, well, it was a good deal, but way too much for a mach 1 based on what i'm hearing. 28,277 otd. they say its that price because its an automatic and they only have one. they can push the sticks cause they have tons of them. he'll get back to me on the gt price.
we'll see....

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Well, they stopped making Mach 1s several months ago, and they only made about 9k this year anyway, so I guess I can see where they're coming from. That, and the rebates may not be as big on Machs as they are on the GTs.

For a daily driver, a GT might be the better bet anyway.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought an '04 a few months ago but there are several things no one has mentioned. Alot more goes into the cost of the car other then the car itself. I mean I got an '04 ALL OPTIONS w/ leather, 6 disc, chrome wheels, extended warranty, paint warranty, undercoating warranty, and of course 5 spd. After all that with the tax and tags the price of the car was upwards of 28,000. But with the 3,000 rebate and 750 military discount in actuality I paid 24,000 for a stang that has a bumper to bumper 6yr/60,000 mile warranty and all options. By the way just getting the nice chrome wheels I had to pay something like $1600 more or so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i've got to be honest with you, i cant understand the dealers here in ny. its like they dont want to sell cars. i am ready to buy, but the best price i can get before rebates, tax and such is around 24,500. now i know i can go out of state and get a better price, which i will, but i would so much rather get a gt around here. does anyone in the ny tri state area, or the whole country for that matter know any dealers in this area that have more than 10 mustangs in stock. i'm so tired of them saying " well, we can charge that price because its an automatic" ughhhhh!! please help me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
again it all depends on the dlrshp. if they sell mustangs every other day, which alot do, they will tell you the price aint budgin because they will sell the car no matter what. and again $24,500 but with what options, convt? you know that all comes into play.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi, i understand that, its just hard for me to take paying that much, i sure hope i can get some feedback or even a source of info. that lists high volume mustang dealers in the ny tri state area. i went on ward's automotive website to see the highest ford voulume dealers but it doesnt say how many mustangs they sell. if anyone knows of a high volume mustang dealer in ny, ct, nj, of even pa. please let me know. thanks again

·
Registered
70 Posts
Why not take a vacation to Tampa, FL with the money you'll save...visit Brandon Ford and pick up your car and have a fun ride back?

Rich

1 - 19 of 19 Posts