Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the 302 in my '89, and I have too much going on at the moment to build it myself. Ya ya Im lazy. Anyways, where's the best, ie cheapest place to get one?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
D.S.S- PERIOD!

The best I have ever seen, and I can't build them myself any cheaper than what they sell it assembled for. High quality and runs awesome!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
718 Posts
Im kind of happy with my D&D shortblock

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock means stock guys. Not a built DSS shortblock, etc. This is just gonna drop into my '89. Its keeping stock E7TE heads, intake, etc. It just needs to be stock and run 99.9% of the time as my daily.

·
Registered
618 Posts
your local svo dealer like 1300 brand new.built by fords grubby little hands.no freight but you pay local sales tax.should last as long as original.or longer.

·
Registered
376 Posts
just get the damn 306 no one will even know unless there going to strip the engine and measure the bore lmao

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bmo37 said:
just get the damn 306 no one will even know unless there going to strip the engine and measure the bore lmao
You miss the point. I dont want to spend $1499.99 on a shortblock w/ forged pistons when the mustang has no use for them. This stang is never gonna see a blower, let alone H/C/I. Not to mention I have a 10% off coupon for Summit. I'd rather save the few hundred $$$ difference.

·
Super Moderator
4,769 Posts
Ever think about looking for an Explorer with a 5.0 at a salvage yard? In some cases yard owners don't know the value of these engines to Mustang owners and you could get a complete engine with GT-40 style upper/lower intake, GT-40 or 40P heads for a lot less than what you'd pay for a brand new stock shortblock. If you get one with the P heads all you'd have to do is buy shorty headers for these heads or use longtube headers. Just a thought. What is the car doing or not doing that makes you feel the need to replace the shortblock? Just wondering.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Max Beetle said:
You miss the point. I dont want to spend $1499.99 on a shortblock w/ forged pistons when the mustang has no use for them. This stang is never gonna see a blower, let alone H/C/I. Not to mention I have a 10% off coupon for Summit. I'd rather save the few hundred $$$ difference.
Sounds like your mind is already made up, so why ask everyone's opinion? Buy it from Summit and enjoy it!

:)
Jermey

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HELMUT RONER said:
Ever think about looking for an Explorer with a 5.0 at a salvage yard? In some cases yard owners don't know the value of these engines to Mustang owners and you could get a complete engine with GT-40 style upper/lower intake, GT-40 or 40P heads for a lot less than what you'd pay for a brand new stock shortblock. If you get one with the P heads all you'd have to do is buy shorty headers for these heads or use longtube headers. Just a thought. What is the car doing or not doing that makes you feel the need to replace the shortblock? Just wondering.
after 227,000 miles the shortblock took a crap, so the fox is high and dry in the garage without a motor. im just lazy and dont have the time at the moment and dont want to have it machined, buy all the stuff, and do a rebuild. I just want a stock shortblock I can put the stock heads, intake, etc on, drop it in and drive. All this car is is a daily, no need for a built shortblock, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts