Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a good tuner. I have the HP kit car ran fine but could use a fine tune until the other day it started to run like a fat rich pig. Spark plugs are dark dark black

·
Registered
153 Posts
They do all, and they build turbo kits, so they can help with what ever you need.

Also there is Ford Speed in st. pete

As far as our car...i did, carb...easy just a screwdriver and a hammer

john

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need a good tuner. I have the HP kit car ran fine but could use a fine tune until the other day it started to run like a fat rich pig. Spark plugs are dark dark black
I need to get her running first. I have way too much fuel dumping at idle and I can not keep it running. When I first got the car it ran and idles fine. Then I swapped the AOD out for a C4. Ran fine still, then after driving on a hot hot day it feel on its face and started to run like it is now. I limped it home. It never got hot coolant wise but under the hood seemed real hot when I was trying to figure it out on the side of the road hence the FORD acronym Found On Road Dead. I thought maybe the fuel vapor locked in the fuel rails and caused it to stall out. I did mess with the Fuel Pressure regulator and the MAF translator to try to get home.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
IF it ran fine and just started running like crap I would check the "easy" stuff first.. maybe a fouled plug, burnt plug wire or try pulling codes to see if that can get ya headed in the right direction.

I dont think it would be a head gasket unless you were getting ON it pretty hard when it fell on its face.

I agree !! get the mechanical problems fixed before the tune

·
Registered
194 Posts
tuner

Take it to real street performance in orlando 407-695-0699 ask for Jay. They are in my opinion the best in the area. Lots of experience tuning everything and a professional atmosphere.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Take it to real street performance in orlando 407-695-0699 ask for Jay. They are in my opinion the best in the area. Lots of experience tuning everything and a professional atmosphere.

very very true, I cant believe I forgot about Jay.. I was in his shop last year about this time and he was a real nice guy. I even sent him a FREE shifter for a auto, come to think of it he never said thank you or anything, maybe thats why I "forgot" lol Guess he was only nice cuz I was there with the guy who does his port work lol lol lol

He does GREAT work !!!

I was also in http://www.lamottaperformance.com/

and they seemed like real good guys as well, seem to have a pretty good rep but I only visit FL Im no longer in the "know" lol

·
Authorized corral.net Commerical Poster - Exp 4/20
77 Posts
You never got the cookies I sent?:rolleyes: The woman who ended up with the shifter sends her thanks.
Keep in mind the tune doesn't change... If it ran well before it can't just go to crap unless something changes. Look around after the MAF, if air that is metered isn't getting into the engine it will be rich. If you post some more info maybe we can help you find the problem?

Hey Don, I am about done with Joe's Supra... He wants 900whp so I have to put it back on the rollers and make some changes. So I will be ready next week if you are still looking to check out the other turbo stang.

Jay Meagher

1 - 11 of 11 Posts