Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got 2 bad Motorcraft modules at my local auto store gave up and bought a MSD hope it lasts
Several years ago I bought a shiny, new MSD distributor for my new 347. The car ran like crap, and thanks to it being a fresh build it took a long time to figure out it was the MSD TFI module.
Called MSD, and they sent me a replacement...which was a piece of junk as well.
Maybe you will do better.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Several years ago I bought a shiny, new MSD distributor for my new 347. The car ran like crap, and thanks to it being a fresh build it took a long time to figure out it was the MSD TFI module.
Called MSD, and they sent me a replacement...which was a piece of junk as well.
Maybe you will do better.
Seems hit and miss with everything. I had a MSD distributor on my 408, no problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Seems hit and miss with everything.
This.

Across the board with some OE and the vast majority of aftermarket parts I deal with on a daily basis. There's simply no accountability. Manufacturing costs over seas leave enough margins that failure rates like this are deemed "acceptable".

I was prepared to pay full price and support a local parts store, until the kid I was dealing with kept trying to sell me points/condensor, then I had to go behind the counter and point at the picture on the screen of the Motorcraft TFI module because "theres a lot of pictures of parts to pick from".😑

So I ordered one from Amazon...... and of course it was clearly used and had been returned, but never checked. It had thermal grease lazily wiped off and the backing plate mounting provisions were scored from the mounting hardware being installed.

The replacement one should be here today. Can't wait to open the box and see what nonsense lies within.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts