Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is stock as of right now but i have some gt-40p heads im gonna be putting on soon, i was wondering what intake would make me the most power with the stock cam, i may be upgrading to like 1.6 or 1.7 roller but for right now its just the heads. so let me know what intake i should go with to get the best numbers. its a street car that occasionally goes to the track.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
The Ps flow mid 190cfms @ .50" lift. An Exlplorer/Cobra intake would work very well. If your budget is crunched, proper porting of the stock lower can get flow to support those heads at that lift - paste the link in my signature.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I would go with a explorer/cobra/gt40 or ebrock performer or tfs street heat. Any of those will work well with the p heads.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I cannot say which would truly be "best" but the above advice is good advice. I use a mildly ported Explorer. The TMoss one would work well, too. I would have gone with his intake had I not stumbled across the Explorer parts for next-to-nothing in cost.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Jeff88coupe said:
I would go with a explorer/cobra/gt40 or ebrock performer or tfs street heat. Any of those will work well with the p heads.
I just read your old sig. -and I thought I did well porting my P's! What gear/suspension combo did you use? Can you offer any adivce to me?

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
One GTOneLX-
I ran 4.30 gears and 28 x 9 slicks at the track and your basic drag suspension. Don't fear the gear...get some 4.10's and sticky tires. My old gt40p motor made 296hp/320tq at the wheels. Car would 60' in the low to mid 1.6 range most of the time.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Stock rebuilt shortblock, ported gt40p heads, gt40 intake w/ ported lower, mild custom cam (.513" lift, 218 duration, 111 lobe seperation), 65mm tb, 76mm mass air, 1 5/8th mac lt's, off road h, dumps, 30 lb inj, tremec, 4.30 gears...that's about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts