Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know (or have opinions on) which 351w efi lower intake flows the best? I'm in the process of assembling an AFR205-headed 408 with a solid flat tappet cam, so I'll probably be going with some kind of box upper so I don't have to pull the manifold everytime I need to do a valve adjustment. If needs be, I can fabricate my own upper to fit the lower, and I would like to keep hood clearance at a minimum, so I don't know if the super-victor/spyder set-up will work (I currently have a 1.5" cowl hood, and will be dropping the engine about 1"--will this fit?) Any experience or advice is much appreciated,

Mildot

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
The TFS 351-R is probably the winner.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Summit can probably help you. If not, I have seen the lowers only for sale on Ebay, and in the corral classifieds occassionally.

·
Old timer
6,919 Posts

408 inches???

Go Victor 5.8...

You won't have any low end torque issues with that many cubes!

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you think that either one would have an advantage over the other in a blown application?(mine will likely get 6-8lbs once the engine is broke-in) Also, the Victor 5.8 U/L looks like it would clear the valve covers but not the hood, anyone known the overall height on these things? For that matter, anyone know the overall height on the super victor spyder? Thanks again for all the responses!

Mildot

·
Registered
590 Posts
i agree with ED......go with the victor 5.8 with a large stroker....although i think the TFS lower with a box upper setup is not a bad setup....i think the Vic 5.8 doesn't neck down where the intake meets the head like the TFS does

·
Registered
683 Posts
The spyder intake should rock for this setup. First of al you have 4 runners on each side of the plenum, so it is harder for runners to starve each other for air.

Also you don't have the 180 degree turn at the plenum, imagine the air going straight down into the plenum and taking the gentle 60 degree turn straight downward into the cyllinders.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Was I the only one to read "LOWER" intake?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.