Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of H&R's race springs on the way and new struts and shocks to go with them (Bilstien fronts and tokico rears) I was thinking I might need some C&C plates to go with them, and I just wanted to hear some suggestions or opinions on what the best ones are. Thanx for the info

·
Registered
34 Posts
It all comes down to what you wanted to spend...

Maximum Motorsports CC plates are the best around.

Pro3I CC Plates are also good, and cost less than MM plates, they have the 4-bolt design you 'want'. Steedas are also nice, BUT they are 3-bolts.

Also, try a search here and Stangnet. Tons of into available. ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
CC Plates

I really like the MM CC plates I have installed, I wouldn't have any other! Plus, as mentioned prior, they work pefect for coil overs (4-bolt design).

I've ridden in cars with the HR SuperSport springs/Bilstien (Racecraft N2) combo. I thought it was a nice looks/ride/handling combo.

Hop

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the info, cost really isn't a concern, because I would like to do it right the first time. Can the car be correctly alligned without them? I have heard that it shouldn't be a problem but I just want to know before I go putting on all this stuff just to ruin my tires.

Probably be going with the maximum motorsports ones :joy:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Align

Many people do use the stock equipment and can get the car aligned.

I prefer the CC plates for the increased flexiblity in changing the settings for a more aggresive align, which can increase the handling potential. I feel it's a good investment, and haven't regret the purchase for 1 second, and I'm known to have tons of buyers remorse.

Hop

·
Registered
324 Posts
trueblue02 said:
Probably be going with the maximum motorsports ones :joy:
Good choice, you probably won't need them unless you have lowered the car quite a bit, but they never hurt. Here is a little tid-bit of info regarding MM and Pro3i's CC plates, yes they _look_ the same but do have some differences.

This is from a MM Tech. (J&M is who makes Pro3i's CC plates).

The current owner of J&M and the current owner of MM (Chuck Schwynoch) started MM as partners. After several years it became apparent to Chuck that his partner was taking large sums of money from the business without his permission. When the partner was confronted with the evidence of this, he admitted to it in a written deposition. Part of the settlement terms that the partner agreed to was a non-competition agreement and complete forfeiture of all ownership in MM, which includes physical and intellectual property.

There are many differences between MM and J&M control arms and c/c plates. MM has made many improvements to our design since the former partner left. As a result of these improvements, we have applied for and been granted a US patent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts