Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Lincoln Mark VIII with a DOHC 4.6, similar to the earlier cobra engine. I'm sure you already know the differences, but a major one is the strength of the internals (forged vs. cast). I've been doing some mods, the next thing I would like to do is put some mild boost on it. I'm thinking 6-8 lbs, is that reasonable for a stock engine and still have some longevity? For the most part, the only Marks I have seen with blowers have vortech kits for a cobra. I was thinking of buying a used blower setup, what kit should I look for? Any input and opinions would be appreciated, thanks.

PS I've been a corral lurker for a while, this is my first post here! =)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
95BlkLSC said:
I have a 95 Lincoln Mark VIII with a DOHC 4.6, similar to the earlier cobra engine. I'm sure you already know the differences, but a major one is the strength of the internals (forged vs. cast). I've been doing some mods, the next thing I would like to do is put some mild boost on it. I'm thinking 6-8 lbs, is that reasonable for a stock engine and still have some longevity? For the most part, the only Marks I have seen with blowers have vortech kits for a cobra. I was thinking of buying a used blower setup, what kit should I look for? Any input and opinions would be appreciated, thanks.

PS I've been a corral lurker for a while, this is my first post here! =)
You prolly should post this in the Supercharger section next time, but anyways - I dont know much about the Mark VIII engine - but our DOHC's arent forged. I think only the crank is but I could be wrong. Anyways, its all in the tune on ANY engine. Ive seen them blow at 6 lbs, and I know of people that are running +15lbs on stock internals. To answer your question, if you set it up safely, 6-8 lbs shouldnt affect your longevity at all.

peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts